PDA

View Full Version : Mounting two sounders

bassfanatic5
21-08-2002, 11:12 AM
Just wondering if anyone can tell me if there are any problems mounting transducers for two sounders of same make on transom . Are there any signal problems when both are opperating? Have one mounted on bow mount electric motor but i am geting interferance from electric motor.

Kerry
21-08-2002, 11:19 AM
It's not really the same make of sounder that's the problem but the same frequency (regardless of make).

Probably the reason why the bow mount is playing up 'cause the variable speed controls on some electrics are the same frequency as some transducers. From memory 192mHz rings a bell.

Cheers, Kerry.

Flynny
21-08-2002, 05:13 PM
Hi Bassfanatic
What Kerry says is dead right,confusion reigns supreme with each unit trying to read info bounced back by the other one,on the electric is the go,must be some reason for the interference,try asking the distributors,they should be able to help
Cheers Flynny

littlejim
22-08-2002, 06:29 AM
BF5,

Recently I tried running two sounders, both 200KHz, both transducers at the back, one port, one starboard. Under about 60 feet looked as though all was well. Above that the old one(echo 620 interphase) put 'rabbits feet' over the screen (book says interference from other sounders shows up as 'rabbits feet') the new one (Lowrance X91) started giving absurdly deep readings for the depth. Looked as though it was reducing its sensitivity automatically because of the signals from the other set, and only letting through really weak signals that had bounced up #and down from the surface to the bottom a few times.
Had to get rid of the old sounder.
Shame they all like using the same frequencies but that's the way it is.

bassfanatic5
22-08-2002, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the info guy's. Looks like i will stick with old setup with one on the electric as both sounders are new Lowrance/Eagle and both are 200KHz. The interferance is only when the electric is set very slowly and there dosn't seem to be any problems between the two sounders at least. Then i have only fished flats at boondooma and that was between 6' and 30' of water. It's just handy for kids to see own sounder,keep's them interrested in whats happening. Cheer's and thanks again Bassfanatic5.

aussiebasser
22-08-2002, 03:06 PM
Hi Bassfanatic,
I have a Lowrance X85, and I cannot use it off the same battery as a Minn Kota with a maximizer. I also cannot use the X85 in the same boat as an X65, X75 or the new LMX15. At the moment, I have a Liarbird TX350 mounted on the Bowmount, and it does not seem to be affected by the Electric Motor. It also runs without any interference with the Lowrance.
It is interesting picking up schools of fish on the Lowrance, and not seeing them on the Bird.
When I get around to it, I will remove the transducer from the Bowmount, and put it on the transom. That way, I won't need to remember to turn the damn thing off every time I lift the Minn. >:(
Now after all this great advice, please send me some spots where I can catch Bass at Boondooma on September 7th and 8th. don't put them up here though, 'cause Fitzy and Trav will see them. ;)

bassfanatic5
22-08-2002, 04:32 PM
Find that interresting about the liarbird Dale as i had the same thing happen,x71 on console and bird on front. We were catching bass reading on x71 but could'nt get the bird to see them. Don't know if it was the sounder or set up but i replaced it with an Eagle Tri finder2 and it shows the same as x71.
Then again had a Paramount in my old boat and couldn't have fished without it.
Cheer's Damien

bassfanatic5
22-08-2002, 04:41 PM
Forgot about the spots!
Well with a bit of luck they will get a bit of rain out of this cloud cover and then everyone will be out hunting.
But thats 1/2 the fun.