PDA

View Full Version : sounder for a small tinnie

sunrise
22-08-2002, 01:14 PM
I have a small 10ft tinnie that goes on top of my 4x4 would like to know what sort of alrounder sounder/fish finder would be good for the job
thx johno

clutter
22-08-2002, 03:34 PM
Check out the new Lowrance X51 sounder. Its probably got the best screen resoultion of any sounder in its range. I think you can get them for around $350 but don't quote me. Always pays to shop around and play them off against each other and hit them up for their best price for cash. Clutter.

clutter
22-08-2002, 03:36 PM
Forgot to add that I think they come in a portable which would probably suit better since you toss the boat around a bit. Bit dearer in that outfit though. Clutter.

bassfanatic5
22-08-2002, 03:57 PM
Another good one is the Eagle Trifinder 2. It has 240x160 pixel count which is good for a small sounder and it has tri beam transducer. I have one in a small boat and love it. They are available in portable if you would rather one.

sunrise
23-08-2002, 09:38 AM
thx guys i try and check those out at the boat show thz for your help
johno

Flynny
26-08-2002, 05:40 PM
Hi sunrise
Don't overlook the Navman Range from Talon Technologies.The Navman
bottom of the range sounder comes in at about half way up the range of some other brands at bottom end cost.
I often see people scratching their heads over the extra costs added by converting Oz,to $U.S. and there is no doubt that we pay dearly for a poor exchange rate.
With the Navman made in N.Z. the exchange rate works the other way.
Get adealer to run thru one with you
they are good,and well priced.
Cheers Flynny

adrian
27-08-2002, 08:17 AM
hi gang
I'll add that the transducer needs to be able to come off the boat when you have it on the car some sounders have this but some dont as you dont want to damage it in transit or when putting the boat on the water

Anzac