PDA

View Full Version : Shakespeare Boat Covers??

seqfisho
25-09-2002, 03:10 PM
Hi Guys,

I am looking at getting a cover for the boat and was wondering how good the Shakespeare covers are. The thing that appeals is the ability to leave on when towing as this I feel is a big plus to keep all sorts of stuff out of the boat and all sorts of stuff in the boat ::)

I think they compare favourably in pricing to a custom made unit ( approx $300 for our 4.35 Ally compared to $800 to have one made)

I would just like to know if anyone use one and are there any vices?

Glen.

Big_Kev
25-09-2002, 04:59 PM
Be careful when towing the boat with a cover on it , due mainly to the fact if the cover is loose or can rub anywhere it will leave scuff marks on the surface finish of the boat . And it will also fray the fabric and destroy the cover . A tight fitting custom made cover is the go , like you may have seen fitted to some ski boats with big dollar glamour work . Personal for the money I would be content with showing off my boat and spending the cash on something you can use , and get a cheaper cover for when your pride and joy is parked in the shed to protect it from dust and insects and the neighbors cat which will get the short shunt when I catch it .

seqfisho
25-09-2002, 06:08 PM
Reel Hard,

Ours is tucked away nice and tight next to my bed, oooppps sorry in the garage so I dont need to cover it then. But hate getting all the dust and crap in it when doing long hiway trips especially if it rains, plus like to keep it coverd when stopped and overnighting.

I love showing it off but not to the theiving *%$#s who knock off stuff outa them, would rather keep it closed up.

The Shakespeare covers are supposed to have adjustable straps to tighten for trailering. The only place it could rub would be on the rails(which are unpainted).

Glen

Big_Kev
26-09-2002, 02:16 AM
I guess I could be a little ignorant here as I have never given any attention to the shakespere covers .
So much so that I would not even know where to get one . Start at the boat shop I guess .
My reply was based upon past experience with car covers and ski boats , and they woyld always seem to have there little faults and were not always 100% of your expectaions .
But to fit a cover when parked up overnight somewhere is a great idea , like you say seqfish to keep the #$@** away from your beloved possesions .