PDA

View Full Version : Savage Jabiru

kneedeep
13-11-2002, 07:10 PM
Gday, I'm looking at a 4m Savage Jabiru and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this craft. Using for estuary's and rivers in the Brisbane area. Has a Honda 30 on the back. Your thoughts appreciated. Catchya, John

Big_Kev
14-11-2002, 02:32 AM
Ive seen one of these boats and I would think it will do a fine job for your needs .
And with the replies to my post on four strokes I think that you will be more than happy with the motor .
I have had one person tell me that the four stroke motors have a lot more low down torque and can make up for a motor which would be a little undersize . But a thirty on a four meter should be ample anyhow .
Regards Reel Hard .

kneedeep
14-11-2002, 11:04 AM
Thanks Reel Hard, I'm pretty well sold on it. Can't wait to hit the water. ;D Catchya John. :)

aussiebasser
14-11-2002, 03:16 PM
If the Jabiru is second hand, have a good look under the hull. Try putting a straight edge length-wise between two of the supports to see if there has been any deflection of the bottom sheet.

whiteman
15-11-2002, 11:01 AM
Speaking of "Jabaru", I was cruisin' through Townsville Mall on Sunday when this amazing sound started up at one end. It was a guy and his sweetheart - he on percussion and didgerydoo and she on just about anything else plus singing. Great music and fabo sound for 2 people. The local indigenous population also stopped for a long look as this guy's playing was as good as anything native that I've encountered.

If you get a chance to see 'em it's worth the check.

Sorry, I don't know anything about Savage's. I'm a Quinnie man myself.