PDA

View Full Version : 8)Ideas Wanted

deb
15-11-2002, 04:46 AM
Hullo :D
We have made a large bait, fish cleaning table which mounts over the motor at the back of the boat, it has two drains and 4 sides so it can be filled and used as a sink as well, hence, I am chasing some extra ideas :) I want to mount another bilge pump to bring water upto the table and was thinking of partioning off a small section of the berley bucket and permanently placing it in there??
Any other ideas ??? ???, ;D

Jack_Lives_Here
15-11-2002, 05:42 AM
Had a similar set up on my big boat. I would place it away from the berley bucket - it has a tendency to suck up bits of berley and clog the flow of water. You are forever cleaning blockages.

Simon
15-11-2002, 01:49 PM
use a water pump atached out of the way but near by and you just have to run the piping to the pump and up to the board.

Cheers

Simon

Volvo
17-11-2002, 06:17 AM
use a water pump atached out of the way but near by and you just have to run the piping to the pump and up to the board.

Cheers

Simon

Exactly what i did with my boat:). Pump back of the boat(in the drink) just sikaflexed to hull and run hose up to me live bait tank or remove and use as hose for cleaning up when filleting etc. Works a charm.
Cheers

webby
17-11-2002, 10:24 AM
HI, Have similiar set up to volvo, attached bilge pump to a bracket and screwed and sealed to top of transom, the bracket runs down and sits so she under water at anchor, then its just a matter of running hose back up, and into live bait tank, i also made it long enough to wash bait board down and rear of boat.all connected to switch on the dash.
regards

Big_Kev
17-11-2002, 11:46 AM
Webby and Volvo what sort of connector are you using at the bait tank to disconnect hose and transfer to table???
Regards Reel Hard

webby
17-11-2002, 04:48 PM
Hi Kev, all i did was drill a hole the same size as the hose through the lid, and put rubber surround in the hole so the hold fits in snuggle, just pull out when u want to use it else where.
regards

adriancorrea
17-11-2002, 06:36 PM
Hi there Webby
Thats for your inlet to the tank and what do you use for your outlet.
Just another bilge pump in the tank??? ???

Tight Lines
Adrian

webby
18-11-2002, 12:09 PM
Hi adrian, have a drain plug at the bottom of the tank, and around 3' down from the top i have a overflow hole which can be opened or shut. the tank would hold around 20lts.
show you next time we catch up.
regards

deb
18-11-2002, 12:47 PM
Thanks guys ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Now I'm cooking, got enough to sketch up, it will be bilge out on the transom, two drains easy done with a plastic manual crossover switch (you know off a keg :D) , realised their is enough wasted room under the anchor well in the bow to mount a flexi fresh water bag & gravity pipe down, found a enormous poly cutting board at one of the cheapie shops, placed a couple of stays underneath, now have sink, board, hose & tap room.
It sounds dumb but geez just needed a few ideas to get running!! ;)
Cheers Everyone :D :D

predator
18-11-2002, 01:56 PM
hi there

why mount another bilge pump.... why not put a three way tap in the live bait line and swap over from bait tank to table when needed???

Volvo
18-11-2002, 10:02 PM
Reelhard, i just use a 1" polly nipple with a polly locking nut to hold hose attatched to tank and when want to use hose for cleaning etc just unscrew locking nut and due to hose being a little longer than normal im right ta drag it back into the boat or over me baitboard and do some cleaning :).
Cheers