evinruude when starting off bow lifts up verry high i can't see in front i've
moved trim possition up and down best place 3rd click ok 2 people does
anybody have any idears i am making
a floor up front only to put fuel tank
hopeing it help keep nose down any
other help wanted

KD
17-11-2002, 06:39 AM
I had similar problem, the only thing that really worked was a foil. I bought a "laser foil" stainless with kick ad trim tab from "Solas Props" work like a charm.

KD
17-11-2002, 06:40 AM
I had similar problem, the only thing that really worked was a foil. I bought a "laser foil" stainless with kick ad trim tab from "Solas Props" work like a charm.

jaybee
17-11-2002, 01:53 PM
i had a foil on a 16 foot boat was great taking off and in smooth water..get a following sea / chop though it was dangerous..be careful
cheers.

stevedemon
17-11-2002, 02:03 PM
HI Pop
the Seafarer I just sold use to do the same thing so I invested in a Stringray for the motor never had that problem agian depends on where you live ring SouthSide Marine Wreckers and Marine Mechanic's on (07) 3805-8595 Ask for Mark or Shane they have two different sets down there and I think one came off a 15- 20hp motor but they will be able to help you out with either a Stainless Steel one or like mine hard Plastic there great and give and even plain when starting off and cruising hope this helps

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve :P

aquarius
18-11-2002, 04:26 PM
Hello Pop...im not trying to be funny but have you put a weight such as a bag of sand in the bow...or just enough weight so you can see over the bow.
Cheers Brent :)

argonautical
20-11-2002, 11:40 AM
I have a Quintrex Dart with a 20 hp merc. Nose up on take-off was an issue.I fixed a piece of aluminium angle on the front edge of the forward seat and then cut out a piece of wood (about 1" thick) and fitted it in the area between the front seat and the nose. Got Northside Marine to make me up a long fuel line and I put the tank in the nose. It is an improvement but I might try a foil as well. Only thing to watch for is that the last few inches of fuel won't get to the outboard. You think you have plenty of fuel but it just won't pump through. I keep a five litre jerry can of fuel with me for this reason. other problem is, if I take someone with me, the boat seems a bit low in the nose when on the plane.

aussiebasser
20-11-2002, 04:29 PM
With small boats and small motors, you need to be a little careful with the foils you fit. Some can have too much downforce, which can have a dramtic affect on top end speed. There is a cheap foil available, but I can't remember the name. It comes in a sort of triangular box and there are two wings that fit one each side of the cav plate. The smaller unit is only about $25.00 and they work well on small motors. I think Springwood Marine have them.
For larger outfits, I recommend an SE Sport foil. These do not compromise top end speed.