PDA

View Full Version : Removable Boat Seats

Dominator
11-12-2002, 08:07 AM
Hi Peoples,

I am looking to buy some seats for the Defecator that i can remove when not needed.

I am not really sure what is around at the moment, so if anyone has any bright ideas my back would really appreciate it.

Cheers,

Dominator.

swflyfish
11-12-2002, 09:54 AM
Dominator- Mate I am in the same boat as you (pardon the pun!). I am in the process of designing my new 6mtr custom fibreglass boat for flyfishing and I need seats for people to sit on but don't want them in the way when we fish. I was considering the swivel seat arrangement and then storing them underfloor when they are not being used but they will take up space.

I hope someone has a better idea.

Dominator
11-12-2002, 10:22 AM
Howdy Hukim,

I do have an idea in mind but i'm not one for putting the idea onto paper.

What i want to do is get a peice of wood (for the bench seat) the width of my boat. Screw some brackets on to hang on the side of the boat. From there i thought of buying some of the clamp on seats you buy from the boat shops and attach them to the bench seat.

I don't know if that makes any sense ??? ??? but thats my idea so far. At least with this idea i can remove the bench seat whenever i don't need it.

I am still open to any suggestions so maybe someone can improve or modify my plan.

Cheers,

Dominator.

swflyfish
11-12-2002, 10:43 AM
Dominator,
Sounds like a plan. Maybe an idea is also to buy the vinyl covered coushins and attach press studs to them and attach them to the piece of wood you have. Only problem is that you have no back rest.

Dominator
11-12-2002, 12:16 PM
The seats i'm talking about are actual chairs with back rests. They clamp onto the wood, seat or whatever you mount them to with a couple of wingnut type things.

The only thing is i don't know how strong they are or what they are made of. I might have to go down to the boat shop and have a squizzie.

Cheers,

Dominator.

coasty
11-12-2002, 03:58 PM
In my old boat we had a bench seat across the back. it folded up against the back rest . it had cushions on it so it didnt fold flat but the bottom cushions came off and stored under the front deck. it was hinged with 4 hinges off the backrest that was bolted to the transom and had alloy legs top to the floor with 3 folding legs on the seat.
hope you understand my babble and it helps you out. http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm35.gif