PDA

View Full Version : Squires NEW #RIG

squire
28-08-2002, 07:09 AM
Guys thought I would post a pic of my new rig. Let us know what you think? and if anyone has any suggestion on fitting it out properly let me know regards squire.

scrags
28-08-2002, 06:51 PM
Squires, Nice rig, If I can help with any info on fit-up let me know, I am the Service Manager at Caloundra City Power Boats/Hornet Heaven, anything I can do just ask.Enjoy your new pride and joy..
Craig Stone
service@ccpb.com http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm30.gif

squire
29-08-2002, 09:38 AM
Tanks scrags I will definately take you up on that offer.

Lucky_Phill
29-08-2002, 04:50 PM
Can't tell a lot from the pic Squire. It appears that your compass is in a position that will be too close to your GPS and Sounder when mounted.

Compass can be moved ( providing there is one ) to straight ahead in the console in line with the driver.

If you are to do a bit of night fishing, a fluro fitted to the middle bow in the Bimini and the wires running inside the supports would help.

Other things are, Isolator switch for your batteries, a Spike protector to save your GPS and Sounder, Brass or plastic Bus Bars, decent sized Bilge pump, and when screwing stainless screws into the aluminium use a product whos' name escapes me. ( duralec ? ) It helps stop electrolysis. The chandlery people will know. I always use twin core tinned wire as well.

If you are unsure about anything, put up another post. ;D

squire
30-08-2002, 03:45 AM
Thanks lucky phill yes you are right I found that when I was reading the compass it was to far away from me so I will definately move it in front of me thanks marty. I have attched another pic also.

Jack_Lives_Here
30-08-2002, 05:26 AM
Yeh Phil, Duralec is the stuff. Expensive, about $30 small tube, but worth it for sure.

squire
11-09-2002, 04:06 PM
Guys Have a problem with underfloor fuel tank it is 110L but I have noticed sometimes the fuel runs to one side of the boat causing it to lean a little. Has anyone experienced this themselves? and is there a solution? the tank runs accross the boat between the ribs. regards squire.

Big_Kev
12-09-2002, 01:52 AM
About the fuel movement Squire , my boat has a tank runs along the keel
140lt . I find that if I swing my legs over to the passenger side it rights itself , so I guess good weight displacement is the key .
Nice rig to what is it , looks like Alley
Would I be correct?

Lucky_Phill
12-09-2002, 12:34 PM
Sounds to me like there are not the correct baffles fitted to the tank.

Was it custom made ? Can you see what type of baffles are in there. Maybe the holes are too big !

squire
13-09-2002, 01:51 AM
Reel hard - yes it is an ally 535 cuddy.

Lucky-phill no the tank came with the boat from the manufacturer and I have absolutely no idea what baffles are? so would you be able to tell me regards squire.

blaze
13-09-2002, 03:29 AM
Hi Squire
baffles are plates inside the fuel tank to minimise the movement of fuel and to stop fast transfer from one side to the other, a tank of that size should have a least 3, sounds to me like the tank was built for price and not for stability
cheers blaze

rwells9999
13-09-2002, 06:01 AM
Yup, Blaze has hit the nail on the head. It's built to a price not specs. I had a issue with my new Stacer. The tank wouldn't hold what the manufacturer's spec said. At the end of the day I pulled the bloddy thing out, had another one made (3mm plate) and that was the end of the issue. You wouldn't believe what some of these manufacuturers try to get away with when it goes under the floor. You should be able to see weld marks on the side and top of the tank, that should give you an indication, if you can't see them, then I would suggest that you throw the rig back to the place you bought it from. God you have to battle these days [img]http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm23.gif

squire
14-09-2002, 12:02 AM
Thanks guys I think you maybe right I lifted up the floor board and Its a plastic 110l tank. Any recommendations where I can get One made or Buy one?

rwells9999
14-09-2002, 03:51 AM
Now Iv'e heard it all, ya gets what ya pays for. http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm21.gifI had a 95Ltr tank built to my drawings, and I had it made from 3mm ally with a full width bracket that suppots the FULL width of the tank. 2 baffles fitted and 2 breathers on the front top of the tank. Iv'e also got a Navman fuel computer fitted so that I know what Iv'e got left in the tank down to the last litre. Cured my problem. The tank cost me $420 though.
Robin

http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/imag
es/smilies/cwm45.gif

squire
06-01-2003, 03:37 PM
For Sale see classifieds.