PDA

View Full Version : Power t/t for 70hp evinrude

blaze
31-01-2003, 05:37 AM
Hi all
Just making some queries into finding a power tilt/trim for a 1978 70hp evinrude. Maybe some can put me in touch with a outboard wrecker or has an old outboard in the corner of the shed
cheers
blaze

jaybee
31-01-2003, 09:18 AM
Hi Rob I kmow this is a long way from home but this guy is a straight shooter does cod and has contacts.
Paul (pops) Malone M.I.A.M.E
Marine Recyclers
Maroochydore QLD
PH/Fax: 07 5443 6750 Mobile 0418 713 625
whatever you do don't refer to him as an outboard wrecker. LOL. last trip to mooloolaba my bros big foot had ptt trouble he bent over backwards for him, didnt end up getting the part but over the phone he told my bro how to fix it for a couple of dollars. But then he saw the unit in the first place. I can look around here if you like (Brisbane) cheers
joe.

blaze
31-01-2003, 05:09 PM
Hi joe
thanks joe, would be good if you seen something floating around, thought i would have had a new o/b by now but the boss (wife) has said i needed to tighten my belt a bit after buying her a car so i will probable have the good old 70 for a while longer, so at this point i am only looking and asking
Should have had the smarts to buy the o/b before the car(it would have been cheaper)
cheers
blaze

kim
31-01-2003, 06:24 PM
hi blaze the unit your after is an external trimntilt and they are very hard to track down at a resonable price.the wrekers will probly want 600-800 hundred for one.if your electric motor is still working but the trim is struggling to go up or the o/b slowly seaps down, then maybe the oring seals have just gone. a seal kit is around $40.one other thing is if the lefthand side ram has ceased which is very common because there is a earth on the out side of the ram once this contact becomes corroded and cannot earth any more it starts to earth out at the top wear the stainlessteel sharft enters the ram and finaly ceases up. u can disconnect that ram because it only acts as a guide the right one does all the work.
dave

blaze
01-02-2003, 04:23 AM
Hi Kim
I dont have pt/t at all, at the moment i only have the manual assist lift ram (back breaking stuff)
cheers
blaze

SteveCan
01-02-2003, 09:11 AM
Sounds like I have the same engine as you Blaze (1974 model) Manual tilt truly sucks. But as the motor has never let me down I am very wary of trying to do anything to it. I figure that it has been doing it's job for 30 years the way it was designed to do it and if I try to 'improve' it is only going to cause grief.

When mine dies I intend to replace it - but I personally would be very nervous about making any modifications. - sneak some cash away towards your next motor - it will be money better spent ;)

JMHO.

Cheers
Steve.

blaze
01-02-2003, 04:10 PM
Hi steve
no what ya mean, i still think i should have got the o/b before the car. I think that is what will happen, but i would like another o/b before this one lets me down, but it has only done about 150 hrs sinse major rebuild so i thought if i fitted pt/t i might keep it for a while longer, that would make the wife happy
cheers
blaze

cowboy
03-02-2003, 04:49 AM
hi Blaze,

I see you are looking for a T/T for a 78 Evinrude 70hp, I'm staying at Toorbul at the moment and my mate has a T/T unit to suit your motor in his shed. I'm sure he would be willing to sell it and if you are still interested you can contact him by phone on 54988050.

regards,

cowboy

stevedemon
03-02-2003, 05:04 PM
Hi All
Ok Blaze or anyone looking for good reliable parts for your outboards heres the outboard wreckers that I have dealt with now for about Seven years now and have always found them to be good in all aspects of the trade from repairing motors to suppling good quality secondhand and new parts Southside Marine Wreckers at Bethania Qld near Beenleigh there Number is
(07) 3805-8595 speak to Mark or Shane if they don't have the part they will try to find it as for the part you are looking for they do have some second hand P/T/T for the old Evinrude hope this helps you all

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve :P :P