PDA

View Full Version : Bimini

Brenden
11-02-2003, 03:35 PM
Looking to get a bimini for my Hornet 435 (which has side rails). Interested in people who have bought them off the shelf and those who have gone other directions.

Any tips? Its basically so I can take the kids out with me.

KD
12-02-2003, 04:02 AM
Assuming you are in brisbane -Try Mobile Boat Trimmers at Narragba . I bought a custom 1200mm height Bimini, top quality. He has a budget range for the same price as the off the shelf ones at marine shops. The advantage is one piece frames (alot stronger than three piece jobs in boxes). Top service and product!

PG
12-02-2003, 01:37 PM
I bought a bimini off the shelf in a box. It consisted of fold down arms and push together plastic joints. Lalizas I think the brand was. PVC top, anodized aluminium poles/rails and stainless clips etc. It's a great little unit and very light. Be careful when you mount it to allow for room to fold down without getting wind under it when you travel. Mine doesn't cope well in windy conditions but you can't beat it for keeping the sun and rain off ya when you need to concentrate on the finer things in life...FISHING ! It's easy to remove and use the boat without any real hassel, you'll be left with the two mounting brackets(small plastic) and the 4 s.steel clips for the straps. Prices range from $200 to around $400 from Whitworth's in Brisbane, depending on the height and width you need. Check you know how much boat you want to cover before you buy it, I wish mine was longer to cover more boat space.
Cheers !http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm1.gif

Brenden
13-02-2003, 05:10 PM
Thanks a lot. I'm in emerald, but only a couple hours from Rocky and Gladstone so should be able to sought something. Thanks again

PG
16-02-2003, 03:21 AM
Regarding the bimini I bought, check out secodnhand boats to see if they have any. In Rocky I know Terry's Marine sells biminis and when I drive past their yard I see a few boats have that brand bimini on them. Another place to try would be Macnevins. I doubt Bluefin Sports or Barra Jacks sells them but probly worth a try anyway.
Cheers