PDA

View Full Version : selling boat with out motor

krazyfisher
07-02-2003, 04:51 PM
My question is like this I have a boat with motor trailer etc. its only 9 mths old and I was thinking about keeping the motor only done 50hrs would it be to hard to sell the boat without motor or would I lose to much money or is it just not worth doing my thoughts are that I would lose "X" amount on the motor and have to pay full price for a new one where as I am happy with the motor just changed what I want in a boat. any thoughts thankfully accepted
thanks

clutter
07-02-2003, 05:17 PM
Easy way to find out is just advertise it without the motor and see what happens. I bought my boat without a motor and if you're happy with the donk you have, keep it. Might be someone else in your boat (pardon the pun) and like the motor they have but just looking to upgrade the hull.

Just my thoughts.
Cheers, Clutter.

sharkbait
07-02-2003, 05:29 PM
krazy - what hull is it ?

krazyfisher
07-02-2003, 05:55 PM
its a 4.55 polycraft side console its not that there is anything wrong with the boat its just that I like to change boats about every 12mths so maybe one day I will work out what I really want ::) its only 9mths old but its time to change I think maybe fibreglass this time

webby
08-02-2003, 03:34 PM
;Dcouldnt the polly handle all that rain mate, you seem to change your rigs like i hope you do your undies ;D
tell you what mate, meatworks ck should be the go now with a little fresh running thru her. Even the old pioneer river mite fire. Mite be heading up home at easter, time for some R & R around the old haunt, will give you a yahoo if its all a go and drop in for a rum or too
regards

jaybee
08-02-2003, 09:59 PM
well krazy as crazy as it sounds and speaking from experience, if you are not happy with a rig, sell it complete, buy what you think you will be happy with and work on it from there, if not happy sell and start again. If you do it right you wont lose on it. but that is only from my personal experience. hope this helps.
cheers
joe.

Big_Kev
09-02-2003, 02:36 PM
Krazy I would be thinking that if the hull is not that old,of which it sounds like it isn't.
A buyer would probably be in the new market and I would be advertising it without the donk and have it still on the back when a proposed buyer comes to look at her .
That way you can still have your own options and price for what you have .
I can recomend boat point for selling the boat and give it a few months to get your money .
Good Luck Reel

krazyfisher
09-02-2003, 06:35 PM
ok
next questions
1. should I leave the gps and sounder in the boat, keep them for the next boat or sell them? (garmin 126, humminbird legend)
2. how do I work out what to sell it for I want as much as I can get but dont want to wait months and months to sell it how much should I expect to drop?

thanks

krazyfisher
09-02-2003, 06:37 PM
webby
the boat was great loved it just trying something else. If your up this way give us a yell I can even show you some jack spots around bowen if you want ;D

Big_Kev
10-02-2003, 04:10 AM
Keep the electronics , otherwise the buyer will expect them for zip. And keep most safety gear ,ie;sell it with as little accessories as possible . (they cost money to rebuy)
Reel

clutter
10-02-2003, 05:09 PM
I'm with Reel, hang on to your electrics, particularly if you're happy with them. Its not a bad idea (as said) to keep the safety gear as well. You can always add it as a sweetener to clinch the deal if someone is particularly interested. Only the basics though, if you have an EPIRB, keep it.

As for price, ring around a few boat dealers and see what they recon and then add a bit.

Cheers, Clutter.

dnej
11-02-2003, 07:39 AM
Dont just add a bit, add a lot, from my experience
David

Haldo
26-02-2003, 12:32 PM
It's always better to start off asking more than you really want, then drop a bit, to a price still more than you expect.
A bit of homework - find out the new price of the hull, then get a trade-in valuation. Go halfway between the two and you'll have a fair price.
Remember that we fisho's are mostly always broke and will try to screw you to the wall to get the best price.
Stick to your guns, after all, you've still got the boat and all the goodies. You can still go fishing to relieve the stress of waiting for a buyer.
Regards,
Haldo