PDA

View Full Version : Tale of woe

Heath
16-03-2003, 09:39 AM
Thought I would share a bit of a story about a mate of mine who bought a new boat last week.
His decision was the Stessel 6m Blue water with a Honda 130hp.

In hind sight he should not have accepted it, but you know what it is like picking up a new boat & all :-/
I arrived about 5 mins after he got it home, and looking over the boat was nothing short of dissapointing.
We found the following -
The trailer was not set up correctly with half the rollers not even touching the hull The trailer compliance plate was held on by a single mild steel screw and missing all information except for the VIN number The trailer had all mild steel nyloc nuts on gal bolts No safety chain on the trailer to secure the bow to The boat's carpet colour was wrong, it was grey instead of blue There were 3 big melt marks on the carpet where something hot has been set down like a heat gun, there was also 2 spots where chewing gum was on the carpet and also a big grease stain The berly bucket was mounter right next to the motor so close in fact that the motor could not be turned full lock as the muncher would hit the cowling The bait tank was mounted so the lid opens into the boat, making you lean right over it to try & get your livies The sounder & GPS were mounted in such away that the wires at the back were squashed at 90 deg Nav lights and arial base were attatched with stainless self tapets, which had to be tightened as they were all loose Boarding ladder on the rear was crooked and held on by stainless rivets, it also had no secure strap which would have allowed it to bash against the back of the boat To top it all off, this morning my mate is waiting for us at the ramp, when its time time to go, he has no gears!!! When checked, there were no pins to hold the gear selector or excellerator cables on. This could have been deadly had he been crossing Currumbin bar etc, luckly we were at Tweed & the problem identified. So the boat was put straight back on the trailer.,

I had heard rumours about the dealer, but that was absolutly disgracfull. He had the boat back there all last week to get the carpet replaced, when he got it back they still hadn't adjusted the trailer or moved the berly bucket. He has did that all himself, as at least he knows it'll be done right.

Never will I go to this dealer.

Fisherman02
16-03-2003, 09:59 AM
hey heath
I have heard of stories but never heard as detailed description as yours. But that is bloody digraceful as u said, would you be able to let people know what dealer it is so this incident won't happen again, because im sure the last thing anyone (even ya mate) wants is to buy a boat for the summer holidays and figure out when they get it everythings wrong.
cheers jack
p.s im sure steve wont mind

Heath
16-03-2003, 10:02 AM
I would love to come out & say it. Just a bit weary of legal ramifications.

Fisherman02
16-03-2003, 10:13 AM
hmmmmmmmmm
maybe u can send me a private message and I will only tell a few precious souls lol
cheers jack

Volvo
16-03-2003, 10:59 AM
:)Heath like previously said mate...Gotta protect the ole fishin n boating frat... Word travels and sure this fella wont be in businuss for long once word gets about or will have to mend his ways. One or the other.
maybe after a space of time instead of telling us now you could make another post like eg;.
"Hey gusess what fealls??, my mate just bought a such n such tinny from so n so with a big fat cheesy grin at the end so all will know what yer on about. Otherwise just PM the bastardo's name to those who request it ;).
Cheers