PDA

View Full Version : getting a fibreglass boat

krazyfisher
21-04-2003, 06:25 AM
I will be ordering a new glassy on tue and am wanting to know is there anything that you have to know about glass boats as this is my first i.e. clean up and also with fit-up sealing holes screws for rod holders seats. just any info on glass would be handy dont want to do the wrong thing and pay for it later
thanks

Big_Kev
21-04-2003, 12:55 PM
It scratches easy. Kev

spike2
21-04-2003, 12:58 PM
before l could really offer advise l would have to see the boat ,or better still go for a run in it , maybe to hay point and if we happen to catch a few big jew fish then l would feel qualified to offer advise ;D
cheers spike

krazyfisher
21-04-2003, 03:22 PM
It is not hard to get me out in the boat spike ;D

webby
21-04-2003, 04:02 PM
Hi Mate, Number one rule with glass, is keep it undercover and keep them sun rays off it.
Nothing like the old sun to deterioate/fade.
Good polish every few months will do the world of good.
If your into beaching her a lot, a keel guard wouldnt hurt either.
And as Kev said they scratch real easy.
Just remember to use stainless (screws etc) for any fitting attachments.
regards

blaze
21-04-2003, 05:58 PM
Hi Krazyfisher
I think a glass boat will give the best ride, when putting any fixtures onto the boat always use stainless screws/bolts and seal well with stikaflexs. If it chips, repair asap so water does't start to laminated the glass. get yourself a small (250mm) jar of flowcoat in the color of ya boat and have on hand if ya need it. Very easy to touch up small scatches etc.
cheers
blaze

spike2
22-04-2003, 02:31 AM
l do like the look of the goodwin boats just wondering if anyone knows of one on the goldcoast or brisbane area l could eye ball ,if not l will just have to drive to up north to see krazys not that that would be all bad ;D