PDA

View Full Version : Trailers

jaybee
05-05-2003, 04:58 PM
My bro asked me to get a price for him from a well known fabrication mob for a new trailer $628, a guy started a business down bruns same trailer $328, was a few minor mistakes but all fixed free and on the water in 24 hrs of delivery, gee it might work out cheaper to drive to bruns for tailer then come to brisbane. All work is fully sealed in some new stuff that is guaranteed not to rust and you don't have to paint it. So how do they do it. Bro intially was going to build his own, worked out at $900 just to buy materials....oh well if this guy can make a living...good luck to him, i hear business is booming and is thinking off employing staff to help him. good show.
cheers.

KD
06-05-2003, 07:54 AM
Sounds like a real good deal? Any chance of getting his details as my trailer is on the way out! And I was looking at a prloved one due to lack of funds! But at this price a newbie would be on the cards. What sort of boat was the $328 trailer made for? Are rollers, skids & lights included?

jaybee
06-05-2003, 11:01 AM
hi kd
the trailer was to suit a 4.75 steber, no skids or rollers the my bro kept his drawbar as it is in good nick dropped the boat off onto tyres transferred the rollers and spring assembly to the new section,less then 4 hrs work all up.
cheers.
joe.

NQCairns
06-05-2003, 01:42 PM
Hi Jaybee, I am looking at building myself another trailer and that price is really good even for just the steel and welded fittings not counting the labour. My questions is what is the stuff the trailer is coated in? would be great to find that out. Good on you for letting us know what the smart guys are doing.
Cheers Nqcairns

jaybee
06-05-2003, 02:27 PM
The steel is coated in durogal, when my bro priced the steel alone it come in 8mtr lenghts for $163, just talking to my bro he ended up going 4 x 2 for $415, 3 x 2 was $350 the guys name is Brad Donald 0266805300 fax 0266805400
cheers
joe.

Dr_Dan
06-05-2003, 04:10 PM
Thanx for letting everyone know jaybee. I'm sure the bloke building the trailers will be happy to know that his good business practices are not going unnoticed. I'm sure that from the responses so far, his business is only going to increase. Good for us all, And real good for him.

Dan

NQCairns
06-05-2003, 04:12 PM
Thanks Jaybee for the Durogal tip, I know from experience that if the trailer is looked after with quarter to half yearly reapplications of some Gal they will last a long long time.

jaybee
07-05-2003, 06:36 AM
no probs guys, the guy is doing the right thing by his customers by keeping prices as low as possible so i thought why not.
cheers.