PDA

View Full Version : FOLD-UP BOAT TRAILERS

Derek Bullock
04-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Hi

Does anyone have any knowledge or information on fold-up boat trailers. I am looking at purchasing a campertrailer and intend to put a tinny on top of it. Now thats great if you camp on the waterfront but not so if you then have to carry the boat somewhere else.

What I am considering is a trailer that folds up and can be stored until required. I do recall seeing some advertisements at some stage.

Anyone got any information or advice.

Derek

davo
04-05-2003, 05:06 PM
My father had his made for his 12 ft Porta Bote and it is far better than the commerial ones. He ended up using AL KO suspension on it and has used it all over the place. He sticks the boat on the roof of his Landcruiser and the trailer is dis-assembled and sits as on a bracket at the rear of the caravan.

You could cart a 13ft tinny on his and it's registered. My mates got the Little Bulldog fold up trailer and while it's a bit more portable the other far stronger, has suspension and is cheaper .

Derek Bullock
04-05-2003, 05:13 PM
Davo

Do you know where the "Bulldog" comes from.

predator
05-05-2003, 11:02 AM
check out Marine Trailer Spares, Boundry rd, in Coopers Plains

they do offroaders, box, bike, boat and the fold up's 8)

Ron_Collins
07-05-2003, 09:40 PM
Hi Derek

Sorry for taking so long to make a contribution to your post.

The Bulldog distributor on the Australian east coast is Wynnum Marine-CruiseCraft. I've never used one, but have had a close look at one used by Kevin Nichols on a trip he did to WA, and they look the part.

I suggest you hit Kev with an email at info@cruisecraft.com.au to see what he can provide.

Alternatively, pending your return to Aus, there may be some details on www.cruisecraft.com.au. He probably needs to be reminded that you are part of the BNB Fishing and Ausfish crew if you think you might get serious. Ron Collins.

Ron_Collins
07-05-2003, 09:51 PM
Hi Derek

Sorry for taking so long to make a contribution to your post.

The Bulldog distributor on the Australian east coast is Wynnum Marine-CruiseCraft. I've never used one, but have had a close look at one used by Kevin Nichols on a trip he did to WA, and they look the part.

I suggest you hit Kev with an email at info@cruisecraft.com.au to see what he can provide.

Alternatively, pending your return to Aus, there may be some details on www.cruisecraft.com.au. He probably needs to be reminded that you are part of the BNB Fishing and Ausfish crew if you think you might get serious. Ron Collins.

Derek Bullock
07-05-2003, 11:55 PM
Thanks for that Ron. It's a bit of a dream at the moment but am chasing down as much info as I can.

Cheers.

Derek