PDA

View Full Version : polyboat

slick
05-09-2002, 03:55 AM
hi i was wondering if any one can tell me a bit about polyboats. i was wondering if they are any good for river and bay fishing 8)

krazyfisher
05-09-2002, 01:50 PM
they r very good in chop and swell low maintance easy to clean. they wont sink they do have limited storage is about there biggest problem but that can be fixed with a hatch above the back step. I have just got mine and I am more than happy with it for what I use it for.

Dave_G
08-09-2002, 05:40 PM
I'm not sure about the handling, but at the recent Bris. boat show there was a poly boat on a stand and the manufacturers were encouraging people to hit it with a baseball bat. After some heckling from spectators some of the guys were really laying in to it - the result = no apparent damage.

Big_Kev
09-09-2002, 02:28 AM
I also saw this at the boat show and was quite amazed .
Speaking with the sales person he showed me a cut section of the hull and pointed out the wall thickness .
So it is no wonder it can cop a good pounding . I also saw that they had additional removeable storage which would double as raised decking . The whole idea was a good concept I thought , appealing to many .

slick
10-09-2002, 04:16 AM
hi thankyou for reples on pollyboats they all help. the one i am looking at is in the shape of the a punt from clake tanks

krazyfisher
10-09-2002, 05:25 AM
I know the ones from bushman tanks and I think they are about the same they r very stable and seem to be a good boat with alot of advantages.

FLATHEAD1
08-05-2003, 07:23 AM
hey slick

I just bought myself a polycraft 4.55 centre console and 50 honda just before easter. been out about 12 times since. i would be happy to answer any queries if i can.