PDA

View Full Version : DIY Boat Trailer

Lainey
15-06-2003, 07:43 AM
The MOTH (thats Man of the house) set me a task to find him some plans for a trailer for our tinnie.
I have searched the web high and low and all over the world and can only find an American site with plans to buy and please allow 28 days for delivery.
As he is on holidays next week and wants to get started (didn't think of it earlier did he) can anybody help with either plans or a web site to keep him out of my hair. It will also mean that I also have to work hard too but I will get the benefit when I can stop lifing the tinnie on and on the box trailer all the time.
Please help
Lainey

blaze
15-06-2003, 12:05 PM
Hi Lainey
Take your camera and a tape to a boat/trailer shop and run some measurements to see if your boat will fit on the trailer you have just taken a picture of, and then build it, or simple buy it. Seems to me that if you need a plan to build it from, then buying it maybe a easier option & cheaper in the long run
cheers
blaze

Lucky_Phill
16-06-2003, 12:55 PM
I have to agree with Blaze.

if you can get the steel for nic's and the galvanizing for nic's and the wiring for nic's and the wheels for nic's and the springs for nic's and the axle for nic's, well then you might stand a chance of doing it yourself.

Then all you have to get is the welding, rego, road worthy, hitch, rollers, skids, mudguards etc etc etc................... Seriously, the days of home made trailers are just about gone.

But, if the MOTH insists, well good luck !

Phill ??? ::)

jaybee
16-06-2003, 01:33 PM
Know a guy down brunswick heads that does a really good job at the right price if you are prepared to travel, pm me if you would like his number, although i beleive i put a post up about him a couple of months ago under boating chat with his numbers.
cheers.

Barrymundi
16-06-2003, 02:08 PM
I have a redco trailer coming up for sale next week.

It is currently under a 455 Hornet.

My new offroad trailer should be ready next week.

Lainey
20-06-2003, 11:59 AM
Thanks everybody.
The local trailer place ended up with an order.
L