PDA

View Full Version : My Dream Ship!!!

Wesley_Pang
03-02-2003, 03:33 PM
Guys,

I want to be Greg Norman!!! The "Shark" has just taken delivery of his ship "Aussie Rules". Note the Game Boat and slight smaller tender on the back. I guess the other 2 flats skiffs, 2 tenders and 4 jetskis are stored out of sight.

http://www.shark.com/normanexpedition/images/latest2bg.jpg

There the specification from http://www.dockwalk.com/issues/2002/october/aussierules1.shtml

BACKGROUND INFORMATION

ABOUT THE NORMAN EXPEDITION YACHT
At 69.5 metres long, Aussie Rules can travel at a comfortable 12.5 knots, across 8,000 nautical miles on 220,000 litres of fuel. This means she can almost cruise from the South Pole to the North Pole without having to refuel!

The yacht can comfortably accommodate a complement of up to 16 guests in deluxe guest cabins with several opulently appointed dining and lounge saloons. A traditional theme is carried throughout the interior incorporating finely crafted timber details to carefully selected soft furnishings and accessories to complement this style.

Greg Norman's sporting and yachting experience has greatly influenced the design and concept of this unique motor yacht with entertaining and exploring elements evident in the design and outfit. Keen watersport guests will be able to optimise surrounding aquatic playgrounds through the range of tenders carried onboard. These include:
This the part I like
a 12.8 meter / 42 foot Gamefisher, launched from the main deck by double slings when the yacht is in port. Perfect for overnight outings, the Sportsfisherman includes four berths and a galley to cook up the "catch of the day";
a 9.2 meter / 30 foot SeaVee for smaller fishing excursions;
a 7 meter / 22 foot Novurania Equator 800 horsepower for diving and providing guests with a dry ride ashore;
two 5.5 meter / 18 foot Hewes Bonefishers to maneuver over sand flats and estuaries in areas such as Key West, Florida;
a 4 meter / 13 foot Narwhal Rescue boat; and
four Yamaha Wave Runners (jet skis)
The dive equipment onboard Aussie Rules will cater for up to 30 people and includes a decompression chamber and two dive compressors. For the fishing enthusiast there is also 200 fishing rodsto ensure the ultimate catch.

The sun deck features a spa/pool able to seat 12 people and boasts over 100 jet outlets arranged differently for each individual massage position. Greg Norman's well-known "shark" logo appears prominently emblazed in polished stainless steel on the bottom of the pool.

SPECIFICATION DETAILS - AUSSIE RULES

Length Overall 69.5 meters
Beam 11.6 meters
Draft 3 meters
Materials Aluminum Hull / Composite Top Deck
Hull Type Full Displacement
Accommodation 16 Guests + 14 Crew
Top Speed 17 knots
Range 8,000nm @ 12 knots
Classification Lloyds Register
Yacht Design Oceanfast / Greg Norman
Interior Design N I Design and Sam Sorgiovanni Design

"I like to be like Greg"

I better get some golf clubs!!

I wonder what the poor people are doing.

Wes

coasty
03-02-2003, 03:52 PM
it costs more than my house is worth to fill the bludger up.
i'll stick to my 15 footer thanks

Heath
04-02-2003, 04:21 AM
You know,

As you smacked golf balls off the bow into the ocean while cruising the Bahamas you'd have to be thinking........ " I think I made it " 8)

Jack_Lives_Here
04-02-2003, 08:30 AM
Mate, I'd settle for one of the "tenders" ;D.

Silver_RX
04-02-2003, 12:56 PM
:o :o :o :o :o
That is beyond wow.

Big_Kev
04-02-2003, 02:24 PM
Yeah fellas Greg rang me the other week and asked me to take her out for a spin .
Had to knock him back as I'm a little busy at the minute .
LOL Kev

caveman
04-02-2003, 02:36 PM
;D yeah same here reel but itold him i was having roast lamb at mums :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rev.Zeeke
09-02-2003, 01:15 PM
Holy Quacking Duck S@#^!!!!

Omg.. now thats just a lil bit too much.. some people just dont know when enough is enough.. God Wes.. imagine targeting bloody Golden Trevs at Harvey Bay with that floating mansion in the background

Tim

Haldo
26-02-2003, 02:45 PM
What happens to the first one to scratch it?
Awww geee - sorry Dad :-[
Do ya have t' make the concrete boots so tight? :-/

Haldo
26-02-2003, 02:46 PM
Awww geee - sorry Dad :-[
Do ya have t' make the concrete boots so tight? :-/

lordy
23-06-2003, 03:36 PM
Awww geee - sorry Dad #:-[
Do ya have t' make the concrete boots so tight? #:-/

Apparently it comes with an inbuilt cement truck for just such a situation....