PDA

View Full Version : boat plans

spinna
15-01-2003, 03:54 PM
Hi all 8)
just wondering if any of you guys would know of any books or web site where i may be able to get some boat plans as i would like to build my own boat ;). The boat that i would like to build is a 20/22ft inboard half cab aluminium 5mm bottem 5mm sealed floor and 3mm sides .

cheers spinna 8) ;)

Big_Kev
15-01-2003, 04:27 PM
Mate just go to the links on this site on the home page .
There is a mob in western aus that will sell you the plans and the fabrication alluminium cut outs . all you need is to weld the sucker up .
Get yourself a welder that will mig as wellas tig alluminium and then get some practice in as you will need it .
Keep us informed as to how you get on , and with the project as it progresses , it would be a interesting subject to follow .
Cheers Reel

spinna
15-01-2003, 04:40 PM
Thanks reel
I will let you know how it is going and will be putting up some pics. The welding is no prob as i can weld aluminium in mig and tig its just getting the plans and getting started . Mind you i think it will some time.

cheers spinna ;)

Rob_W
16-01-2003, 02:54 PM
Suggest as mandatory that you buy the book "Plate Alloy Boats of Australia" published by F&B (www.seamedia.com.au) and be well guide by it as a start.
Brian Poole of Bodens Boat Plans would be able to do you a nice plan. Don't have the phone number but they are in Sydney. The book has heaps of other designers.
Trust you are aware of the task in front of you.......there are plenty of plate builders around who would get you onto the water a lot quicker......

Fisherman02
16-01-2003, 03:40 PM
hey spinna
yer mate your always building stuff. LOL fishing and building mmmmmmmm
cheers jack

spinna
17-01-2003, 05:35 PM
Jack a man has to have somthing to do with his spare time ;).Not that i have a lot of that at the moment but it should be interesting ::).
Rob thank you for the info and yes i do know what i am getting my self into :) but like i said it will take some time but it will be what i want and one of a kind. As i am taking some ideas from some boats i was on or have seen when i was pro fishing.

cheers spinna ;) :)

brumbs
15-07-2003, 06:22 AM
spinna
may be of some help i can supply you with a bare hull and you can build into whatever you want
i have a marine modification business on the gold coast and also do plate boat building.