PDA

View Full Version : Clips for the yabby pump

deb
27-07-2003, 01:12 PM
Spotted through the fence at the Pinkenba ramp, a yabby pump that was mounted on the lip under the seat by what appeared to be 2 outward facing half circle clips.
Stopped at tackle warehouse this afternoon, couldnt see them as a accessory, fella had no idea.
Any one else got this setup?
And where did you get your clips?????????????

tah
8)

clutter
27-07-2003, 06:08 PM
They're probably "C" clips. You can get them at most chandlery outlets like Glasscraft and Whitworths. The ones you would be after would be 50mm at a guess.

Clutter.

krazyfisher
27-07-2003, 06:38 PM
you can get them in all sizes and black or white I have found the black ones will bow I use them on my paddles gaff etc the white ones dont flex as much they are the one I used for the yabbie pump all the boat and tackle shops up here have them

CHRIS_aka_GWH
28-07-2003, 05:25 AM
& if you get into choppy water at times - in the same purchase buy a suitably large elastic loop & matching hook to secure the pump - not only stops it bouncing out in the rough stuff, helps buffer any annoing vibration noise by keeping it tight in the clips

deb
28-07-2003, 02:51 PM
Okay
Spent more time hunting around today only got this weekend to get squirt ready for the big holiday :D
Wound up at the marine place at the gabba, with stainless steel c clips, put a hole in the middle and bent the edges back for no scratches.
Added a rubber belt in the middle for noise and it holds quite well.

Thanks everyone, never thought of putting a c clip in backwards :) :) :)
cheers