PDA

View Full Version : Dohles Rocks

PinHead
24-08-2003, 05:13 PM
Thought I would take the father in law out to catch a few winter whiting. Hooked up the old tinnie..headed up to Dohles Rocks..bloody hell..the ramp is closed..reconstruction..why was I not told of these things. I must admit..I rarely go there..don't like the place much but ..round to Deepwater bend..what a mongrel ramp..nothing but slippery rocks..won't be doing that again. Did get a feed of the lil whiting..a nice sweet table fish.

peterbo3
24-08-2003, 05:50 PM
Evening pinhead,
You were lucky!!! Major theft & vandalism problems at DWB. Hope nothing was stolen or broken. That auto window glass in the carpark didn't get there from car crashes. Local scum smash into your car & lever open the glovebox just to check!!! NEVER launch at DWB.
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
The ramp at Dohles is being repaired bigtime. The local papers in Pine Rivers & Redcliffe covered it a few months ago. Pain in the arse now but will be great later. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

clutter
24-08-2003, 06:39 PM
Likewise won't use DWB. Besides getting your car broken into, have heard of people returning to find that the winch rope has been put over the top of their vehicle, hooked onto the bonet and then been winched up until the bonet catch has broken. Should be open season on vandals or at least a police sting to catch some of them.

As far as the Dohles Rocks ramp goes, its about time, I hope they put a bit of angle on the ramp this time.

Clutter

Lachie1
25-08-2003, 01:32 PM
If you only got a small boat you can launch off the beach at dohles rocks. Go up past the shops and on your left is a sort of "ramp" down to the sand reverse over the sand to the water and bob's your uncle ;) :D We were up there a few weeks ago and found the ramp closed so we used this other ramp thingy and no worries with a near on 5m boat. 8)

Cheers, Lachie

xxxxhornet
25-08-2003, 06:11 PM
Theres also another boat ramp on Bald Hills Rd - just follow it to the end. Its a bit isolated though also - dont know how it goes for vandalism.

Or you can try Learmonth Street behind westfield - make sure you are back at least 2-3 hrs before the low or you wont get your boat out (the edge of the ramp will be 1 mt out of the water). There are heaps of snags/sunken trees etc so be carefull motoring along - I wouldnt go faster than an idle.

cheers

craigie
26-08-2003, 01:20 PM
Sorry Hornet, I don't recommend that Bald Hills Ramp. Have had my car vandalised twice in that location. First time they ripped off the petrol cap and emptied my fuel tank, long way to walk to get more fuel.
Second time they spun up mud and rocks that caked itself over the whole passenger side of the car and shattered a couple of windows to top it off >:( >:(.\
Been told of similar incidents to others.

I'm not sure if there are any safe ramps anymore, way too much Filthy Thieving Parasitic Scum on this earth >:( >:(

Cranky Craigie .

Longole
26-08-2003, 09:40 PM
All that talk makes me glad I live in good old Broome, sure the tides are a pain but at least you never have to worry about someone messing with your car, except for the odd old guy that gets all the winch lines ready for you, weird but very handy whoever you are.

craigie
27-08-2003, 01:34 PM
Your a lucky Dude Longole !!! We might have to have a Meet and Greet at your place ;D ;D
Have watched a couple of fishing stories on your area recently on the Tv, looks like great reef fishing.

Cheers
Craig.