PDA

View Full Version : Servicing Motors

Dominator
05-09-2003, 05:42 AM
Hi all. :) :) :)

Just wondering if someone could tell me the best place to take my boat motor to get serviced. The engine is a Johnson 35. I live on the southside of Brisbane so some where around that general area would be good.

The last time i got it serviced i was not happy at the price that i was charged as it was quite a bit more than first quoted. :( :( :(

Thanks in advance,

Dominator.

Fisheasy
05-09-2003, 09:02 AM
I didn't have much luck on the southside with 3 different marine dealers.
I travel across town to Sundown Marine and haven't had any dramas in the last 8 or 9 years with their service department. Keith is fantastic to deal with.

Big_Kev
05-09-2003, 02:10 PM
Dom I have always found Wynnum Marine to be a straight up outfit.
Talk to Darren (service manager) he will answer all your Qs.
Cheers Kev

stevedemon
05-09-2003, 06:40 PM
Hi dominator
I myself use Southside Marine Wreckers and mechanical repairs and have always found these guy's to be up front and good with any motor and the price is right give them a call on 3805-8595 speak to mark or shane they are at Bethania hope this helps

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve :P :P

Mudcrab
08-09-2003, 09:27 PM
Give Jeff Orr Marine a call!
We use him to service our 130 hp and 25 hp Hondas!
Excellent job and reasonable costs.
He is fully mobile and comes to you!
Tell him VMR Vicky Point recommended him..................
0419 765 002
3287 7523 (A/H)

Simon
09-09-2003, 06:03 AM
Dominator,

I know exactly how you feel. I'm on the northside and went to a small local servicer figuring he is cheaper (on initial quote anyway) and I would give him my business and save a few bucks. On completion he charged as much as Sundown would have anyway without the same level of customer service. Looks like I'll be heading back to Sundown.

Cheers

Simon.

Dominator
09-09-2003, 07:25 AM
Thanks for all the responses guy's. ;) ;)

I think I'll make a trip to Wynnum Marine as they seem to be the easiest for me to get to.

Cheers,

Dominator.