PDA

View Full Version : New Poly Trailer now on market (now with photos)

Bundaberg_Bandit
05-09-2003, 06:35 AM
This is some info that I was given on the new Poly Trailers. #I don't work for them, just forwarded on info for your interest (and I am supporting a local business)

An Australian First for the Boating Industry

Southern Cross Poly Products are proud to announce the release of their Polyethylene Boat Trailers.

·No more costly trailer replacements
·No more replacing rusting or seized boat rollers
·No more welding of cracked trailer chassis
·Great for off road use

This project has taken over two years of design and trials and was manufactured under the guidance of Consulting Engineers. #The trailers are manufactured from Rotathene*, a rotational moulding compound (hexane linear low density marine grade polyethylene), which is specifically, developed Rotathene* to meet the extremes of our tropical climatic conditions, especially the destructive effects of the sun’s UV rays.

·Due to its unique design it allows full drive on/off capabilities
·For Poly Boats the trailer cradles the hull and fully supports the keel the entire length of the boat.
·The trailer gives a softer ride as it flexes over rough roads and does not jar the boat and its contents.
·Will suit all boats between 3.5m and 4.5m in length.
·The trailer has a fully adjustable roller system including adjustable slides.
·Standard colour of the trailer is Regal Blue Fleck with matching mudguards.
·Other colours are available at an additional cost.
·The trailer is fitted with a 5.1 winch, Submersible lights, and Alloy wheels with new radial tyres.
·Chassis is guaranteed for 5 years.

Cost: #$1650.00 including GST

For More Information Phone 07 4155 2233 (Don or Gina Moody)
Southern Cross Poly Products
89 Childers Road, Bundaberg

The_Walrus
07-09-2003, 07:08 AM
Any pictures?

Have they got a website??

Luc

Fisherman02
07-09-2003, 09:44 AM
a plastic trailer thats a first :o

jaybee
07-09-2003, 11:53 AM
everything except the weight it will carry but i did see
For Poly Boats the trailer cradles the hull and fully supports the keel the entire length of the boat.so what can they do for boats 1 tonne plus, might be okay for jacks porte bote
cheers.

Big_Kev
07-09-2003, 03:07 PM
It would be interesting to see a pic of one of them.
Or one in the flesh even beter.
Cheers Kev.

Derek Bullock
07-09-2003, 05:07 PM
They dont seem to have a website and I am surprised they weren't at the Boat Show.

Derek

Zeeke
07-09-2003, 06:27 PM
polycraft do have a website.. the trailers just arent listed.. well.. they are.. but they arent made of plastic

www.polycraft.com.au

Tim

clutter
07-09-2003, 07:03 PM
Saw one in Bundy about a month ago. From what I saw they looked pretty good. Blue in colour if I remember correctly.

Clutter

Bundaberg_Bandit
08-09-2003, 04:01 PM
This trailer is only for up to 4.5 m so over the one tonne won't be an issue jaybee (well I hope not),

see if I can get a pic for you guys this week sometime, they are just down the road from work. They aren't the ones on the polycraft website either, they look fully plastic, no gal steel at all (I think)

paul

Bundaberg_Bandit
09-09-2003, 12:11 PM
Here are some photos, any questions, just ask, I saw them in the flesh and can tell you something that the picture hides

Bundaberg_Bandit
09-09-2003, 12:13 PM
and another, the rollers are on threaded, hot dipped steel, with SS inserts.

Bundaberg_Bandit
09-09-2003, 12:14 PM
the frame is actually hollow

aussiebasser
09-09-2003, 12:38 PM
I saw one of these at the Sanctuary Boat Show, and was initially impressed. I was talking to the manufacturer, maybe you Bundy Bandit, and he was keen to get these off the ground.
The Flexiblity selling point bothers me a bit. Boats are made to float on water, where they are very well supported. A trailer should support the hull and not allow any flexing. Having a flexible trailer could be a bad thing under a Tinnie.
Before buying one, I would suggest you look at it with a boat on it, unhitched from the car, resting on the jockey wheel. The amount of twisting evident in the draw bar is a real worry.
Mounting the rollers on threaded bar will cause the rollers to run off to one side, until the middle is chopped out of them. I'm not sure if the Stainless insert will help this.
The roller mounts look a bit light on for a 4.5 metre glass boat, which can be fairly heavy.
The best thing I saw about the whole thing, is the poly mud guards. $50.00 each I think, which is reasonable.

jaybee
09-09-2003, 03:13 PM
I would like to see lucky phils rebait on it before it convinced me, damn i'm a cynical bathtub
cheers

Bundaberg_Bandit
10-09-2003, 04:41 AM
yeah, i don't think I would buy one, I just built my own gal steel trailer. I don't think I would trust the flex either, you would need tie downs on it, otherwise the boat might bounce off!! They do give a 5 year warranty including offroad use, so they must have some confidence in it.

The rollers on the threaded steel didn't perform any different to how they normally would on a shaft, no slipping or chewing out the inside.

have a look what Vic Hislop did to one

Paul