PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions for fishfinder/sounders

TimNQ
17-09-2003, 12:51 PM
Hey im looking to buy a sounder and fish finder and have come across a few which i like and are in my budget. Im using it in a 4 metre tinny which mainly gets river use and light open water use and occasional fresh water. Here is what ive found and if anyone has anything good or bad to say about any of these then please do, im looking to purchase in the next couple of days.

Eagle Cuda 128
Lowrance X47
Humminbird Piranha 1X

WHITTO
17-09-2003, 04:52 PM
G'Day TimNQ, Go for the Lowrance,I have an X47 and found it to be very good,has numerous features,the clincher for me is that they all have a fish indicator,the X47 has a fish arch indicator which is the way to go,when you see arches or slashes on your screen you can bet your on the money. No Question Tim go for the Lowrance you won't be disappointed,Good Luck and good fishing Cheers Whitto

Lucky_Phill
17-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Lowrance............end of story. ( have you had a look at the X47 EX ) ? if not, have a gander.

Phill

TimNQ
17-09-2003, 09:11 PM
Yea i did look at the X47 EX. What are the differences? I notice it has a larger screen but thats all i could find. I will deffinetly go for the lowrance though, thanks for the advice fellers, appreciate it.
Tim

bugman
18-09-2003, 04:30 AM
Tim,

I bought the X47 EX at the boat show. Got it for an absolute bargain. It's basically just a bigger screen which allows you to see more. Pixel count is still the same which means the pixels are just a bit bigger.

I've used mine only once but was extremely impressed in showing bottom structure and true fish arches in up to 40 feet of water.

There's bugger all difference in price between the x47 and x47ex so I'd go the wider screen.

Bugman

TimNQ
18-09-2003, 11:03 AM
I got the X47 EX. Ill let ya's know how it goes after this weekend.
Tim