PDA

View Full Version : help with trailer

Fatty
07-11-2003, 01:11 PM
hi people i have a 18ft stacer. that at the moment has wobly rollers i have just finished the sub frame but my roller shafts keep slipping down it does not seem to matter how many times i realighn or how tight i do them up . should the boat sit on the center rollers or be supported by the wobbly rollers . i have been thinking about puting skids on but am unsure if this is going to help me get fishing any quicker .if anyone has any sugestions they would be much appreciated.
cheers fatty

JoeCool
07-11-2003, 01:21 PM
Fatty...

Your boat should actually sit on the keel rollers! The wobblies are basically their to align it as it comes on the trailer, and stop it moving side to side on the trailer!

Fatty
07-11-2003, 01:47 PM
hi joecool
good to see something is right with the bloody thing thanks for the info
cheers fatty

bungie
07-11-2003, 02:52 PM
But the wobble rollers should support the hull firmly or you get sideways rock which can cause damage to the hull

Fatty
08-11-2003, 01:17 PM
thanks guys i will have to take it to the nearest ramp on saturday and do some more adjustments. so hopefully fishing sunday weather permitting & if it fails this time sundown @ redcliff may just get themselfs an order for a brand newy thanks again.
cheers fatty