PDA

View Full Version : boat question?

shano
01-11-2003, 12:05 PM
ok i have a 11.5ft(3.5mtrs)sides are 1ft4"(40cm)high durable plastic tander boat that used to be towed behind a mates boat! i have modified the transom with aluminium checkplate to take a small out board safely , it has 3 seats in it very strong boat i have attached some pics for you to view they were #taken when i first got it .i am looking at getting rid of it sometime soon and am wondering what they are worth??? well what mine is worth i am tossing and turning weather to give it a coat of paint to boost the price up a little! any help would be greatly appretiated .
cheers shano!

shano
01-11-2003, 12:06 PM
and another

shano
01-11-2003, 12:07 PM
and another

jaybee
01-11-2003, 01:28 PM
Shano i reckon you should contact randall and fitzy, (they were starting a give to a kid fund type of thing, rods, reels etc), jack scored a pota bote, and give it away to a kid that needs a boat, will make you feel better in the long run. Think about it, its all in the aid of teaching a youngster the future of fishing. There are some kids out there without a dad that like fishing, and mum cant afford to help too much, just a thought.
cheers
Joe.

blaze
01-11-2003, 01:38 PM
Hi All
Maybe if shano cant afford to give it away, the members from ausfish could give a small amount of money towards a fair purchase price of the boat and then it could be donated
If some one wants to set some thing up
I will make a pledge of $10
cheers
blaze

jaybee
01-11-2003, 01:53 PM
i'll follow that blaze, but then with the big fish tanks shano is selling , mmmm
cheers
Joe

shano
01-11-2003, 03:36 PM
i feel what you are saying jaybe i really do but the thing is mate i to have 2 young daughters aged 2.5 and 15 months old. this money is adversly going straight to them . i am not made of money by no means and the tanks that i am selling the money for that if you would really be interested in knowing if going towards our wedding which is growing very much closer quiet quickly. so this is the reason why i am wanting to know a price! just think about it this way buy my boat and it will help my own kids to fish !!!!!

peterbo3
01-11-2003, 03:40 PM
Shano,
To cut to the chase.
Don't repaint. Cut (no pun intended) #::) & polish with the correct cutting compound & it should come up a treat. Far easier 'cos paint doesn't really stick to plastic.
Webby is the man to see for a good C&P. ;) ;) ;)

shano
01-11-2003, 03:45 PM
hey thats not such a bad idea there peter thanks for the advise mate!

Big_Kev
02-11-2003, 02:45 PM
Shane I would think that to run that in the trading post for about $500 if it is good nic would not be out of the question.
The add should mention: size,poly,strong,unsinkable,suit small outboard.
Poly tenders are from around 850 new. (smaller)
It will suit someone with a big boat looking for a tender for sure and I could have sold it for you no worries a couple of weeks ago.
If you sand it back with some 120grit paper to help the paint stik it will look heaps better and you will get more for it. Just a brush job of shiny enamle will produce a good enough finish.
Getting it in the spotlight where people can see it will get the most dollar.
If you have a wedding to pay for you will need as much as you can get.
Wish you the best of luck Kev.

jaybee
02-11-2003, 03:28 PM
put another photo up when done may have someone interested

gruntahunter
02-11-2003, 03:35 PM
bloody hell Joe you,ve put ur foot in it again and told a bloke to do something he cant do. Maybe start up before you angage forward gear hey! :-X

shano
02-11-2003, 05:39 PM
thanks for all that guys ,yeah we need as much money as we can get at the momemt with the wedding and all you know howwomen can get!but i will post a pic up when i have finished! thanks!

PinHead
03-11-2003, 12:54 AM
A wedding!!!!!!!!!..stop now Shano..it is not too late..I speak from experience..23 years locked in the institution they call marriage..hell ..50 years in Tassie would be a better punishment.

jaybee
03-11-2003, 04:10 AM
you get that grunt, oh well. such is life.

Cloud_9
08-11-2003, 03:56 PM
Been maried for 9 years
you get less for murder, out in a couple of years for good behavior.
lol ;D ;D ;D ;D