PDA

View Full Version : Motor sagas!

deb
03-11-2003, 02:05 PM
Try this for quality control ex factory, let alone ex the not so favourite dealer at the moment, who has the new explorer trophy and dud motor in repair yard at the moment. >:(
Took delivery ooh 6 weeks ago, copped another dud transfer at work, wound up down south for 6 weeks. To say I was super duper super excited about going out in the new tinny yesterday was an understatement ;D ;D
Fun begins
Motor starts 1st go, need to be very wary of that!!!
okay, push out, fast runout tide happening, pop it into reverse to go around to pontoon and pick the rest of the passengers, no reverse.
hmmmm, try forward...... no forward
very rude comment made!!! chuck out anchor!
discover now 40metres downstream of ramp, in fast tide but not too far from mud!!
Play with gears, nothing. Through rope to tree, pull boat over to muddie bank, walk boat back to ramp.
Lots more unsavoury thoughts!!!!!!!
Trip back to dealer on Gold Coast with white motor, put up with smart comments momemtarily until dealer discovers via very young apprentice, that motor................... "does not have the connection from the gearbox to the propellor" >:( >:( >:( >:(
Dealer manager, hides back inside dealership, apprentice left to rob part off another motor, (probably why it wasn't on this one) discovers, entire gearbox has gotta come off, major effort.
Dealer manager like it or not now has to decide best way to handle upset fisho, opts to keep boat, but deliver back to Brisbane during week.
This story will continue.............
>:(

scroman
07-11-2003, 02:25 AM
Get a Kayak ;D ;D ;D
Sorry - had to say it ::)
Took delivery of my last hornet trophy - towed the next morning to maroochy - started first time - into forward and throttle down - ended up back up the ramp >:(
Forward was reverse and vice versa >:(
So much for pre delivery check and test
Hope it's all fixed for you now.
Cousin and i lured 34 flathead in five hours two weeks ago on rubbers ;D ;D
Catch ya soon
Scroman

tonyp
07-11-2003, 05:57 PM
Dreamdays ,

How was the outcome of the saga.?
I went to the boat yard today and was told it might have been resolved by the dealer and the Motor company to give what they call good after sales service.?

Hope the outcome is to your benifit.!

deb
13-11-2003, 02:54 PM
Hello everyone :)
Sorry I'm late with the post, went to sunny Melb in the early part of this week :( but just luv being back :D :D

Ok, dealer replaced motor completely, tp if you had a hand in this, thanks!!!
Braved the rain, wind and everything else Sat am, determined to test it, took a neighbours boat with us as a precaution, (hello to everyone else who wandered over to see when we were out ;D ;D), it went like clockwork.
The dealer made a comment, that sometimes, not very often though, that because the connecting part is plastic :o, if you have little ones, or even little big ones :) who play with the gears while the motor isn't running, there is a chance of breaking the plastic connector joint, he stressed though that wasn't this case! I knew that, we didn't even have the cone shaped screw down part.
Anyway, might go out again this Saturday with it, on its own, will depend on wind, (love to go out on the bay for while in dreamdays, rather than creeks and rivers) but wait and see.
Oh and , the manager who served on the Saturday,delivered boat promptly back to Brisbane on Friday afternoon as asked 8)
So I hope Bombardier gets its act together, pre-delivery is a touch more than starting the motor, must test the gears ;D ;D