PDA

View Full Version : disapearing bungs

gibbson
08-12-2003, 04:25 PM
[smiley=angryfire.gif]Just a quick message to the flea who took an attraction to the bugns on my tinnie while i was in the tackle shop on the last weekend and left me with a long drive home to get my spares.I hope the lice of 1000 afgan camels infest your armpits leaving you scratching like a mongrel dog.Lets just say you are lucky I didn't catch you or you would be needing surgery to remove them from your rear end you bloody flea.Whats this world coming to.I guess the moral of this story is man with bungs in pocket shouldn't suffer sinking feeling [smiley=angryfire.gif].

not happy
gibbson

Thebuffalo
08-12-2003, 09:30 PM
Revenge is a dish best served cold my friend, rest assured people of this calibre always get sorted in some way. Fate is a wonderful thing.

Cheers
Thebuffalo

Barrymundi
09-12-2003, 01:43 AM
Sorry to here your bit of back luck.

On my boats I zip tie a spare set of bungs to the motor or steering cable.

I also zip tie a spare ignition key as I forgot the key once. ;D

SNELLY
09-12-2003, 06:40 AM
Another thing to do other than carrying spares is to make sure other bungs used in your boat are the same - ie internal compartments and Ice boxes - that way you can use these as well in an emergency

coasty
09-12-2003, 04:15 PM
in the glove box of the boat i carry 2 spare bungs, keys for the boat padlocks and car,also one for the house all on a big float.
if you have room for a glove box i suggest you put one in. great place for mobiles , wallets and keys.

Big_Kev
09-12-2003, 04:30 PM
Sticker on the transome.
THIS BOAT PROTECTED BY SMITH AND WESSON
Steve should be able to knock one out for you.

gibbson
09-12-2003, 04:44 PM
thanks for the advice guys i do normally carry spares but in the rush to pack the boat they were forgotten i like the zip tie idea and the smith and wesson one to.makes you wonder what sort of mongrels roam of streets these days i guess on the bright side better they took a couple of $5 bungs rather than the 4 lommises sitting on the boat floor I'll be locking them in the car next time.

regards
gibbson

NQCairns
09-12-2003, 07:34 PM
I once towed 3000+km in 3 days and 2 nights once there i went to launch but no bung - never trust those tabs that capture the bung still in the hole but hanging out. I now put the bung and the spare over the motor clamps, works a treat. After no luck searching for the same type of bung at the only place going, silicon and the cut end of a BBQ flip worked a treat. nq