PDA

View Full Version : NEW FLOATING JETTY AT VICTORIA POINT

Mudcrab
05-08-2003, 07:59 AM
After years of my moaning and groaning to the authorities, we have recently had the entire northern boat ramp dug out and re-cemented plus non-slip grooves installed on the slopey bit. But the good news is that in a couple of weeks times, a brand new floating jetty is going in! This means that the days of the missus standing up to her neck in water in 25 knot winds whilst #hanging onto the string will be gone! You will have two very wide lanes to launch and recover from and be able to simply walk your boat along the jetty and tie up whilst staying warm and dry. Likewise, Boaties can drive up to the jetty, tie up, bring the trailer down and simply either walk it up onto the trailer. The shallow waters of the Point will unfortunately reduce the effectiveness of the jetty from a maximum of some 10 - 12 boats at high tide to about 3 - 4 at low tide. Either way, the overall improvement will be huge and we will be the ONLY ramp in Moreton Bay to have this facility. The jetty is at the primary northern ramp adjacent to our Unit and not the ferry ramp to the south. Only those with a death wish use that one! Enjoy!

aido
26-08-2003, 04:52 PM
whats the latest on the floating jetty??
i stopped by for a look see the other day.
havn't been over that way for a while, but
was wondering is anyone ever gets a wheel over
the edge backing onto the raised ramp buttress?
i couldn't help thinking it would be like backing into a black hole.

vp3
04-11-2003, 05:18 PM
Just waiting on govt. signitures--they forgot [smiley=bandana.

Steve44
10-12-2003, 04:17 PM
Still no sign of the much anticipated floating jetties for the northern Victoria Pt ramp. Whats the latest news? I read in the local paper that two other Redland Ramps are about to be upgraded.

vp3
15-12-2003, 01:34 PM
Should be feb 2004, it's a joke >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

skippa
15-12-2003, 04:18 PM
U sure it's Feb 2004 ?

I reckon Feb 2005 would be closer to the mark !! ;D

The new Ferry terminal at Reddie Bay was supposed to be finished by Sept 03, now I read in the local that it's been pushed back to Feb 04; sounds like that's the date they pulled out of the hat!. It will be interesting to see how the boatie washes up re the Wello Point redevelopment.

Rock on the RSC.

Skippa 8)

Sportfish_5
17-12-2003, 11:59 AM
I was down near the ramp near the Raby Bay VMR this morning and they were unloading a new plastic jetty off a couple of trucks. Dont know if it is for a private canal residence but they looked the same make/model as the ramps at Nudgee,Comslie and the Grand Hotel ramp @ southport.

Maybe ?? Will have another look tomorrow.