PDA

View Full Version : Deck Wash

Barrymundi
09-12-2003, 01:50 AM
My new boat should be here this week ;D

Something I am fussy about is keeping the boat clean all the time, even when fishing.

I am looking for opinions on deck washes, salt water for hosing down the inside to clean up blood and slim.

The Hooker has a self draining hull so water build up is not a major concern

whiteman
09-12-2003, 10:06 AM
There's this really effective stuff ... comes in a small but energetic package and also has a number of uses for cleaning around the house.

It's called "Anna".

SNELLY
09-12-2003, 11:39 AM
Alan,

Are you having live bait tanks ?

What I had on one of my boats was the hose for the live bait tank set up with you normal garden hose snap fittings and then connect another peice of hose wiht a brush in to . I would always clean the baot with salt water on the way home or when there was blood and gut spilt and then when you get home its very simple to hose down with fresh water.

For the pick up is used an adjustable transducer mount with a scoop pipe on the bottom with a bilge pump mounted on the top just drill a hole in the bilge pump strainer so that your pick up fires the water up through the pump. If you are at rest just turn the pump on and you are in business and you would not need to lower the pump. If you want water on the plane just drop it down so the scoop is in the water and away you go - no need fo rthe pump to be turned on.

jethro6641
17-12-2003, 03:31 AM
Mate you have to have a deck wash. I have a high pressure deck wash pump with a pick up as decribed by Alan but the pump is mounted in the boat. A the pump is a pressure pump it only turns on when I pull the trigger on the hose nozzel. When any one comes fishing with me I keep the pump on and tell them to wash down any bait or guts down as they present. This makes clean up at home som much easier.

Regards,

Jethro ;)

Lucky_Phill
18-12-2003, 02:59 PM
Bucket of water and a sponge / rag. Just a tad cheaper than a pump and hoses etc etc.

Phill

krazyfisher
18-12-2003, 03:25 PM
mine is about the same as phill's deckie with bucket and rag he can clean or swim it works well on offshore trips ;D