PDA

View Full Version : Yalta 535 allrounder

adriancorrea
03-12-2003, 01:59 PM
Hi guys and gals
The father in law is about to purchase a new boat and has asked me to put up a post about this type of boat.
Has anyone got one or done any research on them.
any details appreciated.
what are they like?

thanks in advance

Tight Lines
Adrian

Yeh I know I just copied the other post
Its just called lazyness ::) :D

Lucky_Phill
03-12-2003, 03:12 PM
Well thought out laziness, Adrian ;D

Don't know much about the Yalta's, except they've won a few important awards around the country.

But I have heard they are a ' bump ' boat. That could be the older models though. !

535 glass and a 115hp donk, sounds about the right combo.

I know none of this helps, ::) ::) :o

cheeers Phill ( ps.....see ya Friday )

Lachie1
04-12-2003, 09:26 AM
We used to have a Yalta/Freedom 1750 half cab and it was a real nice boat! Bout a 96 - 97 model i think? The only problem with the boat was that after a few years we noticed the front of the hull i.e in the storage compartments under the bunks in the cabin was only paper thin and you could see daylight from the outside in! :o :o >:( :o

Not very nice feeling so we got rid of it. ::)

Cheers Lachie

NQCairns
04-12-2003, 09:45 AM
Hi Lachie, thats crazy isn't it, a lot of boats are like that, the first time I saw it I almost fell over!!! the boat i have now has one up the front as big as my fist and a few little ones, i have marked it and am planning to check it out and fix.
I put a tarp over the boat at night jumped in then got someone with a bedside lamp to crawl around underneath and mark the spots where it shone through when i yelled. A friend of mine years ago parked a good name brand boat 16footer in the back paddock after we tested it, it was real bad, he said no way will he ever travel in it again. It sat in the dam stripped as a play thing for his kids untill it filled up with rain water and sunk. nq

PS. I suspect it is a gap in the fibreglass cloth layer, not actually thin glass but thats just a guess. When i get around to to that part of the project with the grinder I will post my findings.

marko
09-12-2003, 05:16 PM
I ordered one last month - should be getting it this weekend.
I am putting a 115 optimax and getting the hard cover.
Check out Trailerboat fisherman nov/dec 2003 - there is a write-up on the boat.

Let us know how yours goes.

Regards

Marko
::)

adriancorrea
11-12-2003, 07:18 AM
Hi Marko
what boat did you get? was it the 535 allrounder?
Also Id like to thank those of you that replied.
Ill pass it on to my father inlaw and let you know how he goes.

Tight Lines
Adrian

Cloud_9
11-12-2003, 03:27 PM
gaday fellers.
just a note on the see through parts of your hull. it not a gap in the glass.
it's just thin spots in the gelcoat, your boats note going to sink or be any weaker for it.
just a fact of life for mass produced boats slack quality control, do attack it with a grinder dont fix what aint broke. enjoy the boat , if it worry's you too much, get sanding disc about 80 or 100 grit sand the inside of the compartment and give it another coat of flowcoat. see through problem fixed.

Cheers Cloud 9

ausles
11-12-2003, 04:30 PM
even better, after sanding the inside of the hull to allow the resen to key, put a layer or 2 or chopped strand mat with a tint in the reson. This will give you the wanted extra bulk and stop the light comin in .

Remember glass boats are only plastic after all and if they are layed up with untinted reson inside the jell coat they will readly let light through. untinted reson is very translucent.

Lachie1
14-12-2003, 11:20 AM
yeah but then if you go and strenghten it in parts where do you stop? If you did little patches here n there it wouldnt work real well and wouldnt do much for the overall structural stability of the hull,i.e. havin thicker and thinner parts all over the shop.

Just my opinion anyway,lol

Cheers, LAchie

marko
18-12-2003, 04:41 PM
Sorry for delay - It was the 535 Allrounder.
Regards

Marko