PDA

View Full Version : The buffalo pictures

Thebuffalo
09-12-2003, 12:11 PM
Fellas I can't seem to be able to fit the pics into the message. All of the pics I have are around 304kb,l how do I get around this?

I could email one to someone if you need to look at the pic to work out what type it is.

Cheers

Thebuffalo

mackmauler
09-12-2003, 12:20 PM
buff, ill send u a pm with my email.

Wesley_Pang
09-12-2003, 12:21 PM
Check out a previous post.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/board/YaBB.cgi?board=General;action=display;num=10699916 05

Wes

mackmauler
09-12-2003, 12:23 PM
buff, that link explains it well, see how you go with that.

mackmauler
10-12-2003, 06:35 PM
Buffalo's boat

original alright ;D

mackmauler
10-12-2003, 06:37 PM
another angle

Cloud_9
10-12-2003, 06:42 PM
nameing her is going to be a tough 1.

nofrills
10-12-2003, 07:05 PM
i reccon the buffalo's a top name for it.its big,its ugly,and its sitting sitting on its arse under a tree ;D
cheers scott ::)

snappa
10-12-2003, 07:33 PM
buff......

i guess the question is "does it float"
your not far from the pointeeee end

Thebuffalo
11-12-2003, 03:55 AM
I did warn you blokes that it was ugly. Yes it does float, and yes it doesn't mind a bit of rough stuff. Lets see how practicle it ends up after I'm finished with it.
Thanka for getting the pictures up for me Macmauler. I'll email you a beer.

Cheers

Thebuffalo.

blaze
11-12-2003, 12:20 PM
hi buffalo
cut the pod off the back and put a diesel inside her, solve the fuel problems, still plenty of room. Looks like she'd be a fair sea boat. we dont have much sun in tassie so i would get rid of most of the bini too. gota say it looks like a boat to put to work. keep the pictures coming
cheers
blaze

Thebuffalo
11-12-2003, 02:38 PM
Yes Blaze the diesel will probably be the best option in the long run. My intial dream was to put in a chev V8 Diesel with a Hamilton jet. The hull shape would probly work OK as its fairly flat across the butt. The only problem is th hassel of having to cut it up and and mount the motor inboard. I will give this 2-stroke a couple of years. It's the easiest option at the moment and beleive it or not I am actually a bit keen on getting it into the water. I will see how much the novelty wears off the boat, if I am using it regularly and doing the bigger trip than I will have to take that option. Time will tell and you can be sure that I will keep you folks informed.

If anyone has any ideas, iether good or bad feel free to add your two cents worth. I am happy to listen to your opinions. Constructive criticism never hurt anyone, well not me anyway, I'm a cop and I cop plenty in the job.

Cheers

Thebuffalo.

blaze
11-12-2003, 03:44 PM
hI BUFFALO
dont let the idea of a cop be off puttin, the local buggers pull me up every time they see the boat on the back, i think its because every things is always spot on and it makes there paperwork easy (and fills there quota) nearly on a first name basis LOL
cheers
blaze
ps love a good project
how ya going with yours nqcains

Big_Kev
11-12-2003, 04:39 PM
I am in love. Even horny comes to mind.
What a bewdy. Nice shiny coat of Dulux and she will turn heads.
I am with the man from Tassie in that a diesel stern drive is the go.
A turbo intercooled 390hp Yanmar with a two speed leg would have her humming. Would solve the center bunk issue as well.
For a name I suggest that we already have the croc hunter so why don't we have the BUFFALO HUNTER.
Keep the pics coming, those pics are going straight to the pool room.
Cheers Kev

JoeCool
11-12-2003, 06:30 PM
:-[ :-[ :-X :-X :-[ :-[ :-/ HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!! :-X :-/ :-X :-[ :o :o :o

JoeCool
11-12-2003, 06:32 PM
LOL...Seriously...Cool boat buff!! ;D

We know what you mean by calling Buffalo! But now everyone is calling you BUFF!!!

Are you that way inclined??
LOL :-X ;D

snappa
11-12-2003, 09:35 PM
we have see the pics of the boat ;D
now the pic of the skipper :o :o
image this behind the wheel :-X

nofrills
12-12-2003, 03:28 AM
imagine that a skipper with a gaff on each side of his head! ;D

NQCairns
12-12-2003, 06:03 AM
Hi Blaze, Thanks for the interest. I will finish the painting of the trailer frame today, big price blowout ::), but it should all come in at around 50% of a custom job and way over-built. I have completly sealed the frame and pumped 10psi into the main frame (triple welds) for a leakdown test and it stayed put for 2 weeks so internal rust should be not a problem if i test every year or so it will last forever? or until stolen whichever comes first.
Refiting the boat will be cheap in comparison, the break from fibreglass work gave me a heap of new ideas for the fitout. I will post a pic and costs sometime soon-ish. cheers

Buffalo that is one mean looking craft, a big 4st or E-tec should give you an awsome ride and economy, love the space down the back!! Nq

fnq_tinnie
12-12-2003, 06:53 AM
hi buffalo
name rough n ready.

from fnq

Thebuffalo
12-12-2003, 08:00 AM
Where do I start? Buff i am not, sorry Joecool, didn't get you going did I? Kev watch your tounge, thats my boat your talking about, say what you like about the missus. :) NQ I have simpathy for you, I am in the process of doing my trailer at the moment and it seem slike every time I finish one job I have another. As far as budjet blowouts go I have a solution, don't budget, I find it works for me and projects are always finished within the necessary financial constraints, the missus has another opinion by the way.

Work to be done.

Thebuffalo.

NQCairns
12-12-2003, 12:58 PM
Buffalo, actually i am way under budget at the moment, at least thats what the short skirt accountant thinks ;D dont know where she got that idea from :-X.
Such a sorry sight a big funbags on blocks and engine less, gotta deal with it every time I go out the back, I have got a little tinny for therapy though.
I though 8 easy days work would have me a trailer - 3 months and about 40 half days later and it is getting close :o. Hope you are more efficient than me. Look forward to seeing yours finished - when?cheers Nq.

Thebuffalo
12-12-2003, 01:56 PM
How long is a piece of string? I hope to have it all completed by the end of Jan 04. Don't hold me too it though.

Jeremy
20-12-2003, 03:52 AM
I just have to ask, how often do you plan to go fishing in the buff :-) ???

Jeremy

JoeCool
20-12-2003, 08:59 AM
Ther you go Buff...Theres your name!!!!

THE BUFF:):):):):D:D:D