PDA

View Full Version : Quintrex Fuel Tank

whiteman
19-12-2003, 06:22 AM
I've got about 100l of "getting old" fuel in the Quinnie and I thought it would be a great idea to transfer it to the cars to burn it off before it really deteriorates.

Great plan (and yes, I'm VERY careful moving fuel around and no, I don't suck it out with a piece of hose on my mouth!) but it appears the Quinnie (2001 model) has an anti-syphen block or at least something else stopping the hose from reaching the fuel.

Anyone else come across this?

basserman
19-12-2003, 07:14 AM
no haven't come across it before
but couldn't you shiphen from the outgoing fule line?
or from where it joins the engine itslef?

good luck anyway
defantile one of the better iders i have herd myself and one i must remember :)

team_mongo
19-12-2003, 05:58 PM
whiteman,
The fuel pipe actually becomes quite narrow, if you look under the floor at the fuel tank. You can probably siphon it, but you'll need a pretty small diameter siphon.

Good luck.

George

Hagar
19-12-2003, 06:55 PM
Pick a convenient point to break into the fuel line on the motor side of the squeze bulb and pass the fuel line out one of the transom drain bung holes , Tilt the nose of the boat up and squeeze the bulb to start the fuel running ( hate the taste of fuel ) and siphon away . Only siphons as fast as the diameter of the fuel line so have a coldie in the fridge.

Hagar

Barrymundi
20-12-2003, 03:53 AM
Hi Dave,

Merry Xmas to you, Vicky and the Boys.

When I had a boat :( and the fuel was a bit old I would fill up with the Ultra Unleaded stuff, seemed OK

The other option is to fish more :)

IF my new boat ever gets delivered we will catch up for some fishing.

Al

TimNQ
20-12-2003, 07:36 AM
Take the out going fuel line and connect an old pump of some sort up to it, prefferably a fuel pump.

adrian
21-12-2003, 12:41 PM
the guys are right the fuel line into the tank does get small the best way to get ti out is to use the boat ;D ;D ;D use the excuse of needing to check to see if the boat will come off the trailer and needs a run. i'm not one to cut or disturb fuel lines no matter what

anzac