PDA

View Full Version : Cartopper

popper
16-01-2004, 04:56 PM
G'day all,
I'm in the market for my first boat and have decided that a cartopper best suits my needs. I've been doing a bit of research and it looks like a Quinnie Traveller 3.5m is the go, anyone had any experience with these???

Also at the moment I havn't got roof racks, what is the best style for carrying a boat?

Thanks,
Ollie

basserman
17-01-2004, 12:10 PM
i'v just had a mate travle to the cape with a 3.5 travler and he loved it does almost anything (but the real rought stuff) had a 15 yamaha 2st and a tiller minn kota riptide did most of the types of fishing you will come across
he traled all that way with it one his 80 series landcruser and he went to the expense of buyin rihno racks (boat loading roof rack) makes life easy and with out them lifting on and off can become a chore! hope this helps ya mate
cheers and good fishing
shanno

tonyp
17-01-2004, 07:20 PM
Have a look at the Stacer 3.5 proline baots. tHEY HAVE A BIT MORE BEAM AND WOULD BE MORE STABLE IN SUCH A SMALL BOAT.

I had a 3.7m V dinghy my son won, I turned it round and sold it straight away to go for a 3.7 Stacer proline because it has more beam and safer for me and my son.

Just look at all makes and weights as you may be lifting it . The traveller will be lighter.