PDA

View Full Version : Boat Covers

Zeeke
18-01-2004, 05:16 PM
Council is forcing me to rip down my boat shed cuz its partly fixed to the fence.. anyways.. im gonna have to get a boat cover for my boat.. so im after suggestions on places where i can get a boat cover for my boat on the sunshine coast.. im after one i can tie down to the boat and use while towing and on the highway.. keep prying eyes out and all that sort of thing.. any ideas???

Tim

Big_Muddie
18-01-2004, 06:21 PM
Tim,

I had mine made by a camping and upholstery place here in Ipswich - cost about $350.

The attached pic isn't great but it shows the cover on the boat and over the side console. It's secured by shock cord loops on the cover itself and they slip over buttons riveted to the side of the boat.

I use it to cover the boat at night (at anchor) and it keeps out rain and slop from any chop etc.

If you are interested, I can take closeups of the thing - just let me know. I'm sure there are plenty of places up your way that make tarps and covers for campers.

dazza
20-01-2004, 09:55 AM
hi tim,
unfortunatley i don't have a garage for my tinny.so i got a cover made up. it is made from the same stuff as truck tarps- rip stop or something like that. i am on days off at the moment and have the cover off in the anticipation this howling wind stops. when the cover goes back on i will post some pix. maybe if i put the cover on the wind will stop >:(
cheers
dazza
ps look like i will have to finally learn how to post a pic

craigie
20-01-2004, 10:30 AM
G'day Tim,

One other option for a boat cover is to purchase one through the BIAS Boating Warehouse . One to suit your rig will set you back about $350. From what I have read they are an excellent product, also suitable when boat is being towed.
The only Brisbane store is located at Wynnum (around the corner from where I reside).

Cheers
Craig.

Zeeke
20-01-2004, 10:42 AM
cheers for the info guys, will check ou a few canvas people around here aswell as BIAS.. few places up here front for them on the coast

Tim

nofrills
20-01-2004, 07:06 PM
hey zeeke

mate have a look in the 4x4 section of the fisher boats home page.there is a pic of a real nice cover there that im pretty sure was made buy top canopies at bribie.give col a ring at fisher im sure he'll put you onto them 34080722
cheers scott

dnej
21-01-2004, 03:42 PM
I got a ##### cover, UV stable, heavy duty, with tapes and D rings, green on the inside, silver on the outside, 20 X 12 feet, for $ 60, from a camping place in Moss St Springwood .
They have a very long life, and have a long warranty. Wouldnt be any good for towing though. My Bro has one also. Had it a good while. Always in the sun

Hope this helps
David

dazza
23-01-2004, 06:34 AM
tim,
here goes,
hope it works
cheers
dazza

dazza
23-01-2004, 06:38 AM
bloody amazing! i must finally be learning how to drive the puta ;D
give me a yell if you want a few more pix.
it is completley waterproof, has lived its entire life in the sun and after 4 years is showing no signs of wear and tear,
when on the road i put steel cable through the eyelets, around the trailer and padlock it down, dosent make it 100% robber proof but it is a very good deterrant for the opportunistic thief.
a guy in the fishing club made it up. best thing i ever bought.
cheers
dazza

dnej
23-01-2004, 09:04 AM
Looks like the same material as the one I purchased from the camping place. Same sort of D rings also.
Looks like it would be worth while getting the base from the camping place, and shaping the cover to suit, getting some stiching done at a canvas maker.Cheers
David