PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a boat

Brenno
09-01-2004, 10:45 AM
Hi guys

I had a bit of luck last year and won myself $10,000 worth of boating accessories,bow mount Minn Kota, sounders/ GPS, life jackets, boat BBQ, cutting board, enough to fill up the missus's car, BUT no boat.

Like everyone eles I've got bills, and it has been at home for a few months now the missus is starting to put some pressure on me to sell some of the stuff, to pay some bills and to get it out of the house.

So to stop her complaining, and to make sure i dont sell all my my new toys, i need to get my hands on a boat, but I'm not really sure of what type of boat to get.

I would like something about 4 to 4.5m, with a casting platform, where i can use the electric, would perfer it to have console, seat four adults, yet still have room for a few young ones to move around, without been in the way.

I would be willing to spend $8000 to $9000.

Can you guys think of a type of boat, or know of any that would suit my needs?

Thanks

Big_Kev
09-01-2004, 02:11 PM
A tinny is the best place to start your boating life.
You can knock em about a bit and they are still light to be towed by the medium family car.
A 4.2m with a 40hp 2stroke will fit your budget easy.
What sort of fishing you are wanting to do and where you take it will determin what you get so this info will help for your answer.
Cheers Kev.

Brenno
15-01-2004, 05:56 AM
thanks Kev

I looking at doing most of my fishing around the Gold Coast, Broadwater and the islands in that area.

can you fit a electric, sounder on a tinnie, as i like using lures?

Randall
15-01-2004, 08:37 AM
Brenno....have a look at these little punts. A polycraft hull is approx $3000. Atrailer is $1400. Motor..40hp 2 stroke ??

A very cheap alternative to tin.

Very safe for the family...unsinkable.

Hope this helps.

Randall.

basserman
15-01-2004, 09:53 AM
ever thought of going second hand you would be able to get a demon 2nd hand boat that would suit every need for that amount as long as you put in the miles and look around

Brenno
15-01-2004, 11:29 AM
thanks heaps guys

i've been to a few boat shows (that were i won the stuff from)

i've had a look at the polycraft and they look good, i've emailed them and they have replyied already with a price, and dealers.

i've been keeping my eye out for a second hand boat, can you guys tell me of any of any other types of boats with a casting platform?

Brenno

scott_b
15-01-2004, 01:55 PM
Brenno
How about you sell me you winnings very cheap and that will save you the worry's of buyintg new boat.
Just joken mate ,get a good tinny and enjoy.
wamjam

jeffo
15-01-2004, 02:33 PM
QUINTREX TOP ENDER!!!!!!! i looooooooooooove those boats. they make them in a few sizes and would suit you perfectly. :D

Big_Kev
15-01-2004, 06:08 PM
I think that Poly boat will do the job just nicely.
You should be able to pick up a good late model 40hp for around 3k from a dealer with warranty to hang on the back.
Casting decks are not hard to make up if you are a little handy.
Happy boating Kev.

Randall
16-01-2004, 03:46 AM
Touchys got a real sweet Merc 40 2 banger for sale currently. Its a pearler...well maintained and perfect compression!!
Good for the polycrft.

Randall.

nofrills
16-01-2004, 05:12 PM
hey brenno
give fisher boats a call ph 34080722 and ask for col,hes the boss,they build some super tuff plate boats up at bribie.and they can build it the way you want it.
cheers scott ;D

Brenno
17-01-2004, 05:01 AM
Sorry Wamjam

i wont be selling all my stuff, just the stuff, that i dont need, or cant fit on my boat. (when i get it)

will check out the polycraft this weekend, then i will have a good idea about what i need for my boat and will pick out the the things i need, and sell the rest.

so keep your eyes open in the for sale section.

mite have to sell one of the my fish finders, but the money will be going towards the boat so it will be worth it.

krazyfisher
17-01-2004, 09:16 AM
for the money you can't go past the poly boat I had one and sold it still think they are good value

Brenno
20-01-2004, 05:31 AM
had a look at the poly boats on the weekend, they are the cheapest boat for there size that i have seen, and they are a good looking boat with heaps of storage.

One thing the dealer said was that if i wanted to fish in fresh water, i would be better off getting a 4st, in 2 yrs time it would be illegal to use 2st on fresh water. can anyone confirm this for me please?

NQCairns
20-01-2004, 09:26 AM
If he proves to be right, What he probably meant to say if he was not a salesman is that useing a carbie or efi 2 stroke may be outlawed. The new 2 stroke DFIs can actually be cleaner than the 4 strokes so if he sells you a 4st it will be the second last to go. Might be worth increasing his projection a few years though like 5 or 10 or never within the life of the engine.nq

Big_Kev
20-01-2004, 02:31 PM
I rekon that salesman is right on the money.

SARAN
23-01-2004, 06:49 PM
Can anyone tell me what are poly like for salt water and wher you can finde them?

Barrymundi
24-01-2004, 04:16 AM
Hi Saran,

Check outside most house at least once a week, you find a row off them o nthe footpath ;D

Honestly, Saltwater no problems, we use one as a tender boat for a charter boat, very happy