PDA

View Full Version : Oil or No Oil. That is my question

RobRocket
28-01-2004, 02:18 AM
My brother took my boat out over the weekend. Refilled my tanks but cannot recall if he added any oil to the fuel. Does anyone have a way for me to test ??? ( last resort tip the fuel out or just add more oil???)

Heath
28-01-2004, 06:57 AM
See if you can get some of the full into a container. You will be able to tell from the colour.

Robbo_Townsville
28-01-2004, 07:02 AM
Add more oil and use in the lawn mower or whipper snipper.

Kerry
28-01-2004, 07:02 AM
Doesn't sound like somebody one would/should "lend" their boat.

As for a test :o I suppose if none of the pistons or rods are currently dangling out the side of the block then one might assume things haven't gone real bad big time :-X.

2S oil in fuel normally changes the colour but if you are totally pre-mix then presumeably there would already have been some oil in the fuel. So might depend on how much fuel was actually added. If not much fuel was added (without oil) then you might have gotten off lightly.

If in doubt then add an appropriate amount of oil, more oil isn't really going to do much as compared to no oil.

Next time brother borrows boat, get signed blank cheque with room for at least 3 zero's. Betcha he remembers the oil then ;D

Cheers, Kerry.

Big_Kev
28-01-2004, 06:15 PM
Drain off half the fuel and store for later use.
Refill and add oil as if for full tank.
do the same when refilling, use half bowser and half stored and add the apropriate oil for the fuel added to tank.
Don't let brother fill boat up again.
Hope this helps Kev.

Big_Kev
28-01-2004, 06:17 PM
I'd probably say get a four stroke but then he would probably fill it with diesel on you.