PDA

View Full Version : My Polycraft Finished

Brett_Finger
18-11-2003, 01:20 PM
well it has only been a few weeks since i spoke to the crew at Polycraft and thay have amazed me with their fast turnaround and i have my new fully survayed guiding boat for the estuary.
here are the snaps of the new family member.
hookin,Brett ;D

Brett_Finger
18-11-2003, 01:21 PM
:)

Brett_Finger
18-11-2003, 01:22 PM
;D

Brett_Finger
18-11-2003, 01:23 PM
:D

Brett_Finger
18-11-2003, 01:24 PM
:o

Brett_Finger
18-11-2003, 01:25 PM
;)

Brett_Finger
18-11-2003, 01:30 PM
;D

Gorilla_in_Manila
18-11-2003, 01:34 PM
Guess you still have to mark the lines on the foredeck tennis court. ;D
Does the customer get to park his butt on the deck, or is there another pedestal seat yet to go on?
Good lookin' tub!
Cheers,
Jeff

krazyfisher
18-11-2003, 01:51 PM
brett
looks great love the colour should be a good boat
have fun

Brett_Finger
18-11-2003, 02:02 PM
GIM,
mate there ar padded cushions for the clients
hi- density foam inners.
thay are at the upholstryers now (bad spelling)

Kraz,
only one in the country that colour mate.
Hookin,Brett ;D

gif
18-11-2003, 02:45 PM
Hi Brett

Apart from all the nice ride / stability and good value I feel that the ability to choose any colour is a unique feature. Sure you can paint metal boats - but it costs a lot extra and chips off anyway.

Just a few detailed questions if you don't mind the hassle.

Anchor well: is seems covered up with carpet - I assume there is an anchor under there - is it a hinged lid that you can stand on ?

Are both forward bins plumbed for livewell or just the port side?

Is the starbord Lid hinged on the left or just shown that way?

I'd love to see some more detailed photos on the forward deck you built. Is it marine ply with carpet?

Looks like heaps of storage - what are your plans for rod storage/ stowage?

Can you easily open the split lid on the port Livewell with the electric motor stowed?

I see one bilge pump mounted externally - is that for the livewell? Any advantages over internal mounting? ( I thought maybe because of survey foam)

I love these boats ;D - so nice to ride and so easy to do clever things with their layout. The double layer, one piece hull gives a soft ride and a nice cavity for laying wires and pipes.

Cheers!

Gary

Brett_Finger
18-11-2003, 04:42 PM
Gary,
Anchor well;
yes it is hinged Marine ply,and yes you can stand on it with no probs about the strength (i'm 130kg's #:o)

plumbed frount wells;
i opted to only plumb one side and seeing the boat is foam filled i use the other for an eskey #;)

starboard lid is hinged as well,all hatches are hinged under the carpet.

rod storage is no probs,
i use for my personal rods small 4'11" plug rods so thay fit fine,my spin sticks and rods for clients are 2pc Penn,and fly rods are in tubes as well.
am instaling berkley vert rod holder on the side as well.

livewell split lid opens no problems with Minn up,i made sure i of it when positioning the minn.

Marine ply for the hatch lids is 14.5mm and for the double bulkheads,12mm.

Bilge on the outa hull,that's where i mounted it no other reason,altough i got me one inside as well #::)

soft ride - smooth - stable you got it in 3 mate.
hookin,Brett #;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gorilla_in_Manila
18-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Geez Bret, 130kgs?? Hope you went the 3/4 inch ply! (like me - 260lb and obviously on a good paddock).
For anyone else wanting to fit out a boat and watching the budget; I bought 3/4 inch marine ply for $140 for a 8ft x 4ft sheet which I used as my main deck inbetween my bench seats in my tinnie. (note: this wasn't the old marine ply with the burgandy surface layers either side like it used to be) Then I learnt that 3/4 inch construction ply was $85 a sheet (same size). Same glue and made in the same place; only difference is that the marine ply is made so that they make sure the layers are all 100% solid timber. Construction ply is made with one side nice (to be used against the concrete as form), and the other side complete but not so nice. The layers in between are made up of lesser quality pieces with some gaps. You notice the difference as you cut through it with a jigsaw, but strength wise for a deck, the same. Put the good side up, or if you are covering it with carpet, who cares?
So marine ply is best, but if you are watching the budget, go the construction ply. (there is no fancy anti-rot stuff or anything like that anymore, as far as I know, in the "marine ply").
Sorry Bret, don't mean to say anything against your choice of decking; you have obviously gone for a great quality boat with top quality construction (as you should when making something for commercial use)- anyone else wanting the same should do the same. But since the topic came up, thought it might be appropriate to mention what I learn't fitting out my boat. (probably should have stuck this under the tips for fitting out a boat post).
As I mentioned before, top tub!
Cheers,
Jeff

Hutch
19-11-2003, 04:17 AM
Maaaaate,
Looks great, nice colour. Good pics, would make a good article??

All the best for you and the lucky clients.

Hutch

Brett_Finger
19-11-2003, 04:19 AM
Hutch,
thanks for the kind words,hope you are getting into them big barra up awonga way!! ;)
hookin,Brett

SNELLY
19-11-2003, 07:03 AM
Brett, Looks great but needs more horespower

Cheers SNELLY [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Brett_Finger
19-11-2003, 08:49 AM
Jon,
ya got that right mate,i would have loved a 50. ;)
Hookin,Brett ;D

SNELLY
19-11-2003, 09:23 AM
Big fella - Na - 60

First rule of Boating - there is no substitute for cubic inches

Looks great - you still in Bundy ?

SNELLY

Brett_Finger
19-11-2003, 02:06 PM
Snelly,
yah mate for the time being,guideing out of here in some very nice systems. ;D
Basser,
is that all ya got? ;D
Hookin,Brett

SNELLY
20-11-2003, 08:40 AM
:o

Doesn't the photo with the clothes line conjur up the saying "CHARTER BOAT - WHAT CHARTER BOAT " ???????????????

Brett_Finger
20-11-2003, 09:52 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hookin,Brett ;)

Brett_Finger
22-11-2003, 03:39 PM
here's a few more pic's,altough the boat colour didn't come out as purple as it realy is.
hookin,Brett

Brett_Finger
22-11-2003, 03:41 PM
;D

krazyfisher
22-11-2003, 04:34 PM
mate once again what a great looking boat

stilltryin
23-11-2003, 04:07 PM
Hey Brett I can't see the two meter measuring board anywhere on the boat...are you only planning on catching the little fish???????

imported_admin
25-11-2003, 07:44 AM
Brett

Boat looks great.

Might have to come up and do some crabbing soon. Or have you put a ban on me putting muddy crab pots on the deck of this one ;D ;D

Barrymundi
25-11-2003, 08:26 AM
Nice looking Boat Brett,

Well Done

Brett_Finger
25-11-2003, 04:30 PM
Steve,
mate i would love to take you out FISHING !! ;D
i can arrange another boat for crabing,asi do not want to get the carpet dirty. :-*
hehehehehe.
Big Al,thanks mate
Hookin,Brett ;D

flytime
04-12-2003, 11:36 PM
HI BRETT,
I've been reading this with much interest.Have you been out chasing tuna on fly in it yet ?. Is it quite on approach of the tuna schools ?. Does it go well in choppy conditions.
Regards Steve :)

Brett_Finger
05-12-2003, 04:07 AM
Steve,
mate the boat is very comfy in crappy water,smooth - DRY ! and super QUIET !!!
perfect for hitting the flats,we have stalked right onto Goldens tailing the other day,but am waiting for a good day to go look for a longtail!!
i am just stoked by how quiet the hull is al pleasent change from slap - slap - slap #;)
Hookin,Brett :D

Brett_Finger
29-01-2004, 09:54 AM
Hi All,
just trimmed a lot of chit-chat off the post,and adding some more pics.
hookin,Brett

Brett_Finger
29-01-2004, 09:55 AM
;D

Brett_Finger
29-01-2004, 09:56 AM
:D

Brissyguy
29-01-2004, 10:22 AM
Brett what a great looking, and from the sound of it handling rig.
Congrats on the effort in sourcing exactly what you wanted.
Too many guides these days take what is on offer at the expense of thewir clients safety and comfort.
10/10

Cheers,
Rich.

PS: Will look you up next time I'm in Bundy.
Hope the Poly can take you and me @ 130kg lmfao.

Brett_Finger
29-01-2004, 11:54 AM
Rich,
no a proublem mate,
i fish regulary with Polycraft's Big Adrian Ward,he's almost as big as me (a light weight at 110kg #;D) and we can bouth stand side by side up the pointy-end (or wander all over the boat for that matter) and she sits as stable as anything.
i am VERY IMPRESSED with this boat.
Hookin,Brett #:)

Brissyguy
29-01-2004, 12:03 PM
Now I'm really impressed !!!