PDA

View Full Version : 4 Bladed S/S Prop's ???

Scott_Mitchell
08-02-2004, 02:51 AM
Looking at re-proping my Merc 60EFI as the original cast one is getting pretty worn and I'm loosing performance :(

I have been told that a SS 4 bladed prop will get me out of the hole quicker and shouldn't effect my top end speed . Apparently these 4 bladed prop's are more suited to a 4 stroke use , especially when under load ? Has any body else got one/used one and what was your experiance.I have a Balance 475 Quintrex Hornet

Regards Scotto

merv
08-02-2004, 06:30 AM
try http://solas.com.au / they are the the best for props,they have a big range,they are pretty good to deal with if you tell them what you want they will match it up .you will need to be able to give them an idea of your current rpm output,load in boat ect. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] merv

merv
08-02-2004, 06:33 AM
ps. they also have some second hand stainless props, also on the site [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

peter_bethell
08-02-2004, 08:44 AM
Hey scotty did ya get the parcel?
Peter b.

Scott_Mitchell
09-02-2004, 04:05 AM
Peter:I see you have mastered the Net :D

Yes the parcel arrived OK - and Eleasha was very pleased with the added surprise "Thanks Ang's" [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Already missing those big barra - should be up there now on the moon ;)

Regards Scotto

nonibbles
09-02-2004, 03:01 PM
Austral propellers has a composite 4 blade prop (much lighter but apparrently very strong) that you can individually repalce and tune the blades. #Its called a Propulse propeller. #They have a three year warranty too.
try http://www.australpropeller.com
then click on the link to propulse propellers
I am looking at one for my Johnson 70 3cyl and it will cost me $320 but to replace the individual blades at $60 each looks like a good proposition but I want to have a closer look at that warranty first

aido
09-02-2004, 03:23 PM
i imagine that adjusting the individual blades of a prop
could be a nightmare.
now if there was a variable pitch prop adjustable from the
helm, that would definately be an inovation.
btw, single bladed props are the most efficient, just a bitch to ballance.

dazza
10-02-2004, 04:55 PM
scott,
solas make a new generation prop for the 4 strokes. glind (tim)put one on his 50 hp yammie 4 st and you would swear it was a different motor. hopefully he will read this post and give you a bit more info or give steve a call at just propellers at maroochy.
cheers
dazza

gruntahunter
11-02-2004, 02:24 PM
I got a 2nd hand stainless for my 50 johhno from Steve at Solas......done about 5hrs work and he sold it to me for 300 bucks
My performance imptovement is incredible.....
He knows every thing there is to know bout props
Start there ...you wont be dissapointed