PDA

View Full Version : Minn Kota or Moto Guide?

Sniper
16-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Ok, this will be interesting but what is your prefered bow mount saltwater electric motor? In the market but not sure which to go for. Can get a Moto Guide freshwater for a grrat price through a mate and he assures me they've had no dramas with them as long as you fit a sacraficial anode to the shaft like the salt water series. Hmmmm what to go for? ???
Cheers
Sniper [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif]

clutter
16-02-2004, 05:08 PM
I'll be buying one soon myself but and will be going for the Motorguide. They are heaps cheaper than the Minn Kota's and from all reports work just as well. Fitting an anode is the way to go and also having the motor sprayed with winding insulator also helps.

Cheers, Clutter

Sniper
17-02-2004, 05:01 PM
Hi all,
Forgot to mention that 90% off my fishing is salt water. Been having a looksee at some of the american web sites. They seem to be cheaper from the states after the dollar conversion but just depends on the import duty and freight. Hmm Now I'm really confused
Sniper

Big-Pete
18-02-2004, 02:38 PM
Sniper,
I recently bought a 40 lb reconditioned Minn Kota from the US it cost $269.US electric steer it cost all up including tax and postage and exchange rate $650. Au, good price works well. Just a thought

Big Pete

basserman
18-02-2004, 02:53 PM
seems a little motorgiude one sided at the mo so i will say minn kota all the way in the salt
if it ain't white it ain't right!
i have heard alot recently about how the motor guide doen't quite last as long as the minn kota but then again it does cost less :)