PDA

View Full Version : Boat Windscreens

jethro6641
28-02-2004, 04:28 PM
Just wanted to take this opportunity to give Richard and all of the Guys at Marine Windows Australia a really big plug. As you can see from the windscreen on my new Custom 6.8mtr Bajcraft it looks unreal. It was weel worth the 5 hour drive down to get a proffessional job done.

If any one out there is looking at replacing there boats windscreen or is having a custom ally boat built I can not reccommend them enough.

Keep up the good work.

Jamie

Morlers
28-02-2004, 04:39 PM
Great looking boat. What breed is she? Can you tell us a bit about the boat details? Oops, the windscreen came up great too and sets it off.
Morlers

jethro6641
28-02-2004, 04:52 PM
Hi Morlers,

The boat is a 6.8 meter Bajcraft made at Turkey Beach which is halfway between Miriam Vale and Gladstone. They have a web site you can have a look at. http://www.geocities.com/bajcraft_marine/ The cabin is totally custom and Baj has been so intune with what I have wanted right from the start. Every attention to detail has been noted. It takes that much pride in his work he even provides a video of each part of your individual boat being built. The spec on my boat are: 7mtr LOA on a Special Brand Multi Roller trailer, full lock up cabin with toilet and full lenght bunks and heaps of storage. There is a 110ltr upright fridge/freezer on the deck and a sink with running cold water which is supplied by the 100 ltr water tank. Off the box that is all housed is a fold up table. This is when the missus wants a weekend away. There is a live bait tank and underfloor kill tank, 277 ltrs of fuel, full flotation transom, full length canopy, rocket launchers. The boat has 6mm bottoms, transom and stringers and the sides are 4mm, everything else is 3 mm so it is a solid rig.

Hope that help Morlers,

Thanks,

Jamie ;D :D ;D :D

Morlers
28-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the info Jamie. I'm from Bundy so know of Turkey Beach. Didn't know that Bajcraft were made there though. I'd say the missus would appreciate the extras you've organised. Wish mine was a little more enthusiastic about boating.

Morlers

jethro6641
28-02-2004, 05:13 PM
Mate adding those comfort features makes her want to get into boating. I think we have come up with a good compromise. I have not lost any fishing space and she has the creature comforts she wants.

When the boat is finished I will post the fitting out.

Cheers,

Jamie :D

Sportfish_5
28-02-2004, 05:40 PM
Jethro - Great looking rig :o

What r u bolting on the back to make her go ?

jethro6641
28-02-2004, 05:48 PM
Sportfish,

I am putting my 225 Mercury Optimax on her. Grossly over powered but I already had the motor which has only got 20 hrs on it because my other boat near snapped in half over christmas hence the reason I now have a new plate alloy boat. The boat has been beefed up in every direction to handle the extra power. The extra weight should also improve the ride.

Cheers,

Jamie 8)

bigbrian47
28-02-2004, 06:02 PM
fantastic jamie worth the wait look forward to see her all decked out happy boating
cheers brian

aido
29-02-2004, 04:21 AM
whats the screen made out of jethro?
and what did it cost?
i might have a job for them, can they get those
curves using armoured glass?
not interested in lexan/perspex plastics.
looks good though, any optical distortions when
looking through it?

jethro6641
29-02-2004, 08:34 AM
Aido,

It is made out of perspex. I originally wanted to go for Glass but the cost put me right off. The cost was a little over $500.00 which I thoughht was great considering the work they put into it. They do do glass but not sure to what extent. Give them a call there number is (07) 3284 5088 and there web site is http://www.austmarinewindows.com.au

No I have not noticed any optical ditortions.

Hope that helps aido

Cheers,

Jamie