PDA

View Full Version : Targa Top for a 4.75 c/console

dencor11
28-01-2003, 05:36 PM
Just after some thoughts on a Targa Top for my boat. Well I think thats what they call them.
I have a retractable one on the boat at the moment and have been looking into making a Ridgid one that I can collapse down to put into the shed.(The boat that is...)
I was wondering if anyone has made one if they had some plans or made one to suit there own boat.
Then the question of Stainless or Aluminium???? Whats ya thoughts....
I like the polished look of the stainless but Its that much dearer.....
I would like to have the rocket launchers on the back facing the motor and have the aerial and a set of outrigger off the sides..
any feed back would be great....

cheers

peterbo3
31-01-2003, 04:18 PM
Good Evening Dencorr11,
I am fitting out a Lightning 5.5M C/C.
At one stage I thought I would need to modify the fixed bimini top to allow it to be detached as needed due to a clearance problem but I was able to get around this. I had major mods done to the boat in other areas and I went with Ark Marine at Geebung. Speak to Rod but make sure you know what you want. He will give you some no B/S advice and his price is great. S/S or alloy,no problem.
Work quality is first class.
Regards,
Peter

bazzthebarra
29-02-2004, 09:10 PM
hi, am currently waiting on arrival of my 5.0 c/console, blue fin plate and we r currently designing a targa top or radar launch i think they call them. We have decided to go with stainless mainly because of the looks. Targa will be from gunnel to gunnel and will have rocket launcher facing motor, we r trying to incorporate a extendable roof that slides out form the main canopy much like the set up on the seafarer boats. Will have colapsable hinges on gunnels to fold down when stored. Will send pics if u wish once we have built top. Look up the seafrarer website and have a look at there setup on their boats, also a website i found that is worth a look is www.scottiescanvas.com which is an american site but has some great pictures to give you a few ideas,
good luck rosco.

Big_Kev
01-03-2004, 03:32 AM
You will need to be sure that the under floor or gunnel will be strong enough to take the extra weight.
Choppy conditions and all the shaking of the T top could see some cracks appearing where you might not want them. Particularly with a fully loaded set of launchers.
Cheers Kev.

krazyfisher
01-03-2004, 11:13 AM
if you want a standard T-top boat bits sell one for about $320 have one on my boat hasn't broken yet. but there are alot of differant types out there.
bazzthebarra you should just by a cheap fold up type while you still have friends ;D