PDA

View Full Version : Where's my water pump impellor?

ba229
05-03-2004, 03:50 PM
I am mildly capable when it comes to mechanical overhauls and inspections so i thought i would look at my water pump impellor to see what it's condition is like.

The only thing is... I don't know where it is :-)

am i right when i assume i need to split the leg where i have indicated in the following photos?

if so what problems (besides corroded bolts) should i beware of. ie don't turn the prop when leg is seperated or watch that the whatsy bearing doesn't fall apart etc

ba229
05-03-2004, 03:51 PM
and heres a close up

goodoo
05-03-2004, 05:21 PM
undo those bolts as you have shown by the looks they will b ok as long as the top spline hs not coroded into the crank gearbox and shaft should come off quite easily on top you will see either aplastic or stainless cover with 3 or 4bolts or nuts either 8or 10mm undo these and slide the cover upthe shaft there will be either a stainless impeller plate or the impeller if its aplate slide this up and off rembering how it sat if its the impeller slide it off and dont loose the key replacement is the opposite of removal dont move the short selecter spline to the gearbox moving it makes it hard to realign when you dont realise you did it and you also need to align the water tube back into the pump housing be careful not to damage the seal or push it out of place this all is an easy process to me and it takes me about 15 min to change a water pump impeller if you dont fell confident doing it yourself i recommend you take it to a repairer first time with anything can be a bit daunting :GOODOO

ba229
06-03-2004, 04:09 AM
thanks mate that all sounds straight forward. i will look at it today or tomorrow.

ba229
06-03-2004, 01:44 PM
i check the impellor and all looks good.

one thing missing from the advice above is i had to disconnect to gear selector. but this was very easily done.

thanks for your help goodoo