PDA

View Full Version : Electric Bow Mount Advice

Ryan_Briggs
05-03-2004, 01:49 PM
I am looking at buying a 4.7m Trailcraft Profish and I am after some advice on what size electric bow mount motor would be needed to power this boat. The boat fully loaded would weigh around 600-700kgs (quite heavy) and would be used in fresh and saltwater but mostly in salt (rivers, lake, inshore)any help on this subject would be apreciated.

Ryan

basserman
05-03-2004, 02:09 PM
your 55lb riptides will easly push it through the water but if you have the space think about the 24v 70lb+ from motorgiude

Zeeke
05-03-2004, 02:09 PM
ive got a 55lb on my 4.3 meter Kakadu Seahunter.. id recommend you look at the 24 volt 65lb MinnKota Riptide.. you might see the cheaper motorguides around.. but for the quality that goes into the MinnKotas and the functions.. i wouldnt choose anything else, i owned a motorguide for 18mos and soon as i had enuf money i went straight to the minnkota because of how much better it is

Tim

05-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Guys, there is a new 74lb Minn Kota Riptide due to arrive in Aus. There was a thread on the sportfish forums and a bloke contacted BLA and they said that it was on its way. This was about 2 weeks back. Should retail around the cost of the 74 Maxxum freshwater model and its a new generation Minn Kota with 50% more responsive servo steering or so they claim. The bee knees in the Minn Kota range not to mention electric trolling bowmounts ;D That should push the profish along very nicely. I would contact BLA directly, soz dunno their number as it isnt on their website but yeah, been advised to ask for Tim Morgan and he should be able to help you out.

Zeeke
06-03-2004, 05:39 PM
try www.minnkota.com.au

Tim