PDA

View Full Version : Pennzoil synthetic TCW3 where to buy in Cairns?

NQCairns
13-03-2004, 11:20 AM
Does anyone know?. thanks.nq

jocool
13-03-2004, 04:18 PM
doesnt Bias Boating stock it?
Thats where I get mine but im not sure its a full synthetic!
Unless im thinking of a different brand! :-[

bay_firey
13-03-2004, 04:37 PM
NQ
the pennzoil web site http://www.pennzoil.com.au, doesn't help alot. But pennzoil in under the shell banner.
Maybe try the shell depot at the end of portsmith rd ??

blaze
13-03-2004, 05:58 PM
Hi Nq
if the penzoil is a non mineral based oil, why dont we all use it as it would surely be envoiromently friendly, maybe it should be law that all two stroke run synthictic oil and that should solve all the 2 stroke/4 sroke problems. I have no idea where you can buy it apart from the caltex sevo about a k down the road
cheers
blaze

NQCairns
14-03-2004, 07:17 AM
Thanks all, no Bias in Cairns we have a whitworths and I will check them out. Shell just aquired Quaker State oils who's o/b oil was rebadged as Pennzoil for years and is considered a step above a top shelf oil and at a resonable price, i rang the shell customer info line but they were useless and the website is under construction. Blaze the base stock of a synthetic is more or less the same as a mineral (both start under the ground) just more modified don't think there is any real advantage environmentally there, thanks for the caltex tip I will ring the servos around here for some (knew some miltinational had to have it on in stock. cheers nq

bubble
14-03-2004, 03:54 PM
NQ. Why not try Johnson Bio-lube or the new XD100, both synthetic. E-tec runs the new XD100. Try Mitchells or Coastal Marine.

Bubble.

NQCairns
14-03-2004, 04:16 PM
I did try and get ahold of the now Johnsons Bio lube a few of years ago but couldn't find anyone who imported Amsoil oils at that time, I think the Johnson full synthetic is also an Amsoil brand oil. The Pennsoil/shell 100% synthetic (quaker state oil) is supposed to be a step above again, according to some circles but I may have to pay the Johnson name brand price premium if I cannot find the Pennsoil. thanks and cheers.nq