PDA

View Full Version : Polycraft 4.1

chris78
12-03-2004, 05:12 AM
Hi All,

Well the Sharkcat is gone and i have ordered myself a 4.1 Polycraft open boat. Im after some suggestions and experiences with doing mods. I have seen a few posts in the past and it seems that there are a few of you out there.

Here we go.

1. Whats the best way to plum the front live bait tank, how do you drain it.
2. What product is best to use for sticking down the carpet, any hints in doing this.
3. Where did you mount the sounder unit in the tiller steer model. Can you see it from driving position and casting deck.
4. Im goingt o build a deck similar to Brett Fingers boat. Am i doing the right thing or is this a mistake.
5. What ideas do you have for layout ect that would be great to have.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers
Chris

P.S i cant wait to get my hands on it ;D

Brett_Finger
12-03-2004, 01:36 PM
Chris,
plumbing for frount well,
i would run the drain from it's outlet via a hose into the transom then bilge it from there.

standard the hulls drains into a cavity under the floor,i do/did not like this and plumbed srtaight into the transom.

carpet,
be sure to skuff the poly decking with a wire brush or something similer,this will give bonding agent maxuim adheisive.

Bear contact (comerical) is what the factory uses and it works great ;D

as for the deck it's eitirly up to you ,
the standard frount deck is fine and large enough to cast/fish off with tons of room,i just liked the idea of makeing the massive frount deck for storage reasons,fuel/fishing gear ect....

good luck with the boat mate,you wil be more than happy with your purchase!!!!

fitting it out is a great way to get exactually what you want,and a very enjoyalbe job as well.

please feel free to Pm me with anything i can help you with mate.
Hookin,Brett ;D ;D ;D

basserman
12-03-2004, 04:27 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/board/YaBB.cgi?board=Boats;action=display;num=1077278683

check this thread out it has the pics of how my mate and i set his 4.1 poly out but it isn't tiller :(
if you have any questions please just PM me :D

Brett_Finger
21-03-2004, 12:11 PM
;D

basserman
21-03-2004, 01:45 PM
very cheeky! ;D