PDA

View Full Version : Not Boat.. But 4x4 Related

Zeeke
24-03-2004, 03:05 PM
I just wanna know if the gear stick in a Mitsubishi Pajero and a Mitsubishi Triton are interchangable.. a few weeks ago i had the rear main seal replaced in my pajero aswell as a few other things and they had to pull the gear box out which means removing the gear stick.. ever since we got it back, the gear stick has felt different, like you have to really lean forward to push it into gear whereas it used to be small short gear changes (my dad compared it to a race car from when he was a mechanic on the old open wheelers with Stirling Moss and Jack Brabham) and now he feels like he's always putting it in the wrong gear... so yea.. if its not the gear stick.. any ideas??

Tim

Big_Kev
24-03-2004, 03:19 PM
Sounds like you have dropped the litle nylon bush from the knob on the end of the stick.
Don't know if the bitsaremissing are the same but the Totota's are like that.
Pull the stick back out.and have a look.
Cheers Kev :o

Zeeke
24-03-2004, 03:28 PM
done that Kevaay.. we took the truck back 3 times about this gear stick deal, you cant even use the ash tray because it sticks out too far when the gearstick is being put into a top gear.. the nylon bush is still there.. so.. confused big time on what it might be

Tim

Sniper
24-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Tim,
Who did the work for you in the first place? Sounds to me like what Kev said. The little bush isn't in place properly. Got to ask a really stupid question here but is it the right way round? You never know. Something so simple???
Bill

Zeeke
24-03-2004, 04:34 PM
a friend of my folks who does wheel alignments and mechanical work.. he's pretty good.. but a guy who works for him was doing the job...

Tim

Bundaberg_Bandit
24-03-2004, 05:08 PM
Give this website a try, usually pretty helpful and lots of diff 4wd's owners on there
http://forums.overlander.com.au/

Probably post or search the Technical Section

cheers
Paul

basserman
24-03-2004, 06:47 PM
i agree with billy boy sounds like the stick is in backwards but that wouldn't account for the hardnes of gear change that sound more like a miss alingnment

Zeeke
24-03-2004, 07:04 PM
its not hard to put into gear, you just have to push it so far forward.. just dont know why.. everything seems to be perfectly alright.. but everyone who drives it says it feels weird because they have to lean forward to push it into gear when it should be a simple push and it pops in

Tim

basserman
24-03-2004, 07:14 PM
then it does sound like the gear shart is around 180* to far! how does it feel going into the bottom gears?? does it feel i bit higher??