PDA

View Full Version : 4.1 poly fitout

basserman
21-02-2004, 04:04 PM
sorry it has taken soooo long to take these pics i guess i'v been too busy fishing!
first pic is of the side!

basserman
21-02-2004, 04:06 PM
and fount

basserman
21-02-2004, 04:09 PM
as you can see how the electric was set up and the anchor well coverd now for the back and the big 50hp 4 stroke

basserman
21-02-2004, 04:11 PM
inside

basserman
21-02-2004, 04:12 PM
the livewell holds 90l and is fully plumbed

basserman
21-02-2004, 04:15 PM
this is the rod locker we made it sure holds alot of rods if we wanted to!
it is able to easly hold a 7 footer as we cut a hatch beside the livewell to take the extra

basserman
21-02-2004, 04:16 PM
me mate and his dad was board so stated to troll (yeh i know it's not real fishing)

bay_firey
21-02-2004, 04:45 PM
G'day Basserman
She looks like she's set up a treat.
The 4.1 would really buzz with the fifty on the back
I thought they were only rated to a 40 ??

I sit back occasionally and wish that I had gone for a coloured boat instead of white, but too late now

basserman
21-02-2004, 04:52 PM
was ratted to a 40 but we got the boys at polycraft to reenforce the transome to take the 50
but she sure scoots now! will be one of the faster boats on the water now but the main resone is we wanted a small ski boat we could use insted of dragging the 18footer out all the time

Brett_Finger
22-02-2004, 04:02 AM
Hi,
side console can be rated for a 50,but tillers can only go to 40.

this hull moves very well through the water with either size,and eats small chop for breakfast!!
Hookin,Brett ;D

Ps;Baserman,
the fitout looks great.
welcome to the "Tuppaware Tinny" club!!
you will be MORE than happy with your choice of hull. ;D

vertico
22-02-2004, 10:25 AM
do they make any bigger boat s?
like 5m?

basserman
22-02-2004, 10:52 AM
vertico they have just finnish the moldes for a 6m that will ether be center console or cuddly cab

not my boat brett just my mates
we were tossing up wether to call it LEGGO or TUPPERWARE ;D
sure love the ride and the draft is just right for flotting over the racks!

vertico
22-02-2004, 12:21 PM
5.5 CC will do me fine
arent the 4.55 cc with everything like $15k or so

bay_firey
22-02-2004, 04:32 PM
G'day Vertico

Just picked up my 4.55 Frontrunner with everything and then some
50hp suzuki 4st
The whole lot was $17k
The c/c are a touch cheaper though

The next size up is the 5.9mt, and will be available in 3 configurations
Cuddy cab, Centre console and a walk around

scubapro
24-02-2004, 03:37 AM
F&B magazine have a picture of a 6metre Yellow centre console undergoing testing.

Looks really good. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Scubapro

Brett_Finger
24-02-2004, 03:57 AM
here's the latest form the Polycraft stable,
a 5.9m hull,this is a very fast hull that eats the chop/swell,turns on a dime.
one of the nicest bigger boats i have been in.
hookin,Brett

Brett_Finger
24-02-2004, 03:58 AM
:)

Brett_Finger
24-02-2004, 03:59 AM
;)

Brett_Finger
24-02-2004, 04:01 AM
:D

Brett_Finger
24-02-2004, 04:02 AM
:o

Rusty_Trawler
24-02-2004, 04:57 AM
Hey Bay_Firey,

Did your $17k Frontrunner include the trailer?

I'm still waiting on my optioned up Frontrunner + 50hp Honda and it cost $18k, but it did include a trailer, which could explain the difference.

Just don't want to throw money away...

basserman
24-02-2004, 09:19 AM
brett that is some of the best pics i have seen of the new polycraft!
i bet my left one that it will become a fast sellinf offshore sports boat!
been out on small days in the 4.1 and i can't belive how quite the hull is in the swell/chop and how strong they are!
defintly be thinking of a ploy for my next boat (when i get more brownie points up)

jocool
24-02-2004, 12:28 PM
Great Pics Brett. Looking at the base of the transom where it joins the hull, it seems to have flutes there. Do they run the full length of the hull???

mackmauler
24-02-2004, 12:43 PM
The big yellow cockpit has to be one of the worst ive seen for offshore ??? where are the wide coamings for support while fishn ???

bay_firey
24-02-2004, 05:20 PM
Rusty
Boat, motor - 50hp suzuki, trailer, custom made bimini - 6ft long - plenty shade, custom bait tank, custom made side pockets, carpet, and just the rear cushions - didn't get the cushion for the front casting deck
The whole kit and caboodle $17 k

Oh Yeah i forgot, poly u/floor tank & locking glove box

There areA Few Pics here (http://www.mchap.com/boat.htm) with more to come soon

Rusty_Trawler
24-02-2004, 09:21 PM
Thanks Bay_Firey,

Here's what I'm getting for $18k.....

Front Runner,
RM Trailer
50hp Honda
U/floor fuel tank inc Sender
3 piece cushion set
Carpet
Boarding Ladder
Boarding Rails
Ski hooks
Standard Bimini
FF80 - basic fishfinder/depth sounder
Safety gear
Rego
Automatic Bilge pump
Glovebox
Decals incl
Fuel + Hour meter
27 Meg radio

It seems as if you may have got the better deal. I guess I should have bargained harder!

bay_firey
25-02-2004, 02:41 PM
Rusty

Just to rub a bit of salt, i forgot the ski hooks, 1 boarding rail, hour meter, fuel gauge, bilge pump (no auto switch), safety gear, rego decals
The trailer is a Proline Trailer, basicly the same as the RM just a bit more rounded at the front, ( looks a touch better in my opinion)
But I did have my own electronics so if you add
Sounder # # # $300.00
27 meg radio $300.00 (round figures)
The front cushion,
Boarding Ladder
you probably haven't done too bad

which tank did you get, the poly or the steel ???

Rusty_Trawler
25-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Bay_Firey,

I'm getting the poly tank - I think that's all they do now isn't it? I'm pretty sure I asked the dealer and he said it would be a poly tank.

So, agonising over the price again...

Here is the difference (assuming a Suzuki 4st costs the same as a Honda 4st)

Your extras for $17K
===============
custom bait tank (do you know how much that cost?)
custom side pockets
better bimini?
Did you also get Nav lights? Thought I might have seen a stern light on one of your photos.

My extras for $18K
==============
Sounder ($300)
Radio ($270)
Boarding Ladder ($125)
Front cushion ($150?)
Auto for the bilge pump ($30?)

Still looks like you got a much better deal.

Oh well... I just had a phone call from the dealer and it's going to be ready Sun or Mon so I'm starting to get excited!

bay_firey
25-02-2004, 03:25 PM
Well actually Rusty, yes I did get nav lights and a switch panel, and an outboard support bracket and strap.
And oh shit didn't fully realise what was in the package, it's been a long time, let me think, thats right a week.
The bait tank was $120, pump and plumbing $50, gotta fix the plumbing though, so another $60.00
Just gotta get it in the bloody water, if it's not the wind and waves it's work.
But this saturday by hook or by crook it is getting wet

bay_firey
25-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Here is a shot of 1 of the side pockets
The site has been updated (http://www.mchap.com/boat.htm) with this and 2 more pics of the pockets as well
http://www.mchap.com/pockstbd.jpg

adrianw
26-02-2004, 05:22 AM
The big yellow cockpit has to be one of the worst ive seen for offshore ??? where are the wide coamings for support while fishn ???

Keep in mind that the posted pics are of the test hull and the finished hull will feature lean pads in the back corners which extend up both sides about 2 meters .Other features will include a two seater centre console with heaps of storage and glovebox , an esky seat with cushion and flip flop back rest , 200 litre underfloor tank ,two 50 litre storage bins in back corners , 220 litre storage bin in the bow , pod transom, stainless bow rail and hand rails , auto swich bilge pumps , and come standard in survey.Testing conducted so far at the factory has proved the hull to be a very stable fishing platform and is our best offshore performing boat so far.

mackmauler
26-02-2004, 05:41 AM
here's the latest form the Polycraft stable,
a 5.9m hull,this is a very fast hull that eats the chop/swell,turns on a dime.
one of the nicest bigger boats i have been in.
hookin,Brett

Brett, do you only fish out of polys ;D

basserman
26-02-2004, 05:42 AM
i need to say i'm falling in love with the big 6m!
boys sound like you both got a fairly good deal i dare to say price something else up in that line of boat with the extras would cost alot more and your getting what i think is one of the best boats going!
one thing i do need to say but and that is with polycraft boats they are the type you ether love them or hate them!
i know what i am!
softer quiter more stable and easyer to look after! got to be a poly ;D

adrianw
26-02-2004, 11:03 AM
Makes that last comment hard to figure out ???

Whats so hard to figure out

Brett_Finger
26-02-2004, 12:15 PM
Brett, do you only fish out of polys ;D

Mack,
as a mater of fact i fish out of anything,if fact i'd fish out of a bloody bath-tub (and have done ;D )

but,i would rather fish out of a Poly anyday,after being bashed around in tinneys for a lot of years it's nice to be in a soft comfortable ride. ;)
hookin,Brett #;D

Brett_Finger
26-02-2004, 01:00 PM
here's the frount well on the big boat,as you can see a lot of room in there.(if i can fit in it,there's got to be a lot of room ;))
as well as the 2 smaller hatches either side.
hookin,brett

adrianw
26-02-2004, 03:54 PM
;D Brett do you think if i cut that 220lt well out,how long would it take before id catch you burning around the hook. hehehe.

Brett_Finger
27-02-2004, 03:52 AM
Mmmmmmmm,
now you might be onto something there Adrian....
a super small stealth tub, how would it go with a 15 yammy on the ass.... hehehehehee
Hookin,Brett ;D ;D ;D ;D

basserman
27-02-2004, 06:41 AM
hell brett the more i see this new poly the bigger it seems to get and smaller my 18'er seem to get!

krazyfisher
27-02-2004, 07:15 AM
any ideas what price and hp rating will be

adrianw
27-02-2004, 08:08 AM
heres a pic of my 410 decked out with all the gear

lordy
27-02-2004, 08:11 AM
Mack,
as a mater of fact i fish out of anything,if fact i'd fish out of a bloody bath-tub (and have done ;D )

hmmmm, found this old picture in a fishing mag, can't quite make out the faces.... ;D ;D

JB
27-02-2004, 09:31 AM
hahahahah, nice ;D

basserman
27-02-2004, 12:05 PM
mackmuler
i didn't start this post as a add i have no conection with polycraft at all and sure as hell didn't get payed one cent
i posted this post as alot of people were asking to see hom me and my mate fitted out his poly craft for fishing comps.
i don't own a polycraft but after doing alot of work on his 4.1 and hearing and seeing alot about the new 6m i will be thinking about a polycraft when i get rid of my southwind :)

adrian you sure look bloody happy in that pic ;D

Big_Kev
29-02-2004, 04:34 PM
Bay is that why you call yourself FIREY, LOL.(teething problems)

Rob I think you have a point with the coamings. It does look like a substantial sort of a hull but, I had my first ride in a poly today (4.5) and found the ride quite OK. Conditions were up the shit so it got to prove its worth.

Brett any idea on the price for the 6mtr, and how much power will be needed.

Cheers Kev. ;D ;D ;D

adrianw
29-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Coaming rails are only good to stand on.Check out the stability of these boats

bay_firey
29-02-2004, 05:20 PM
Hows that for service
Problem solved already

Big_Kev
01-03-2004, 03:45 AM
Coaming rails are only good to stand on.

Tell that to the guy who falls in the water.LOL

Bay I think you scared em, you sound like you were going off pretty hard.
Cheers Kev.

Brett_Finger
01-03-2004, 03:53 AM
Kev,
see that little tender,it's ten feet long.
that's me on the bow i'm 6'1" and 130kg the big fella at the back is taller but only a light weight at 120kg,little pie-guts in the middle is 90kg plus the motor at 44.

so a LOT of weight on the rails of a small boat.if you where gunna go over then was the time. ( i almost pushed the fella in the middle in #;D)

as for the being "scared" by posts,i think not.

e-mails with customers names/contacts on them are considered genuine complaints by the team at Polycraft, not www-usernames.

Hookin,Brett #;)

Big_Kev
01-03-2004, 04:49 AM
Well I spose if your 6.1 and 130 kg not much is gonna scare you. LOL
Its good to see you were right on to the problem with bays boat,(it happens) I am sure he appreciated the service and is good to see he kept us up to speed with it. (some don't)
Like you have stated the 6mtr boat is only the test rig, it will be good to see it in production.
After my first fish in a poly yesturday I did note the lack of support at the side, and in the chop I nearly went in a couple of times. (toward the front).
Other than that I found it to be a good boat strong and easy to clean, providing a soft ride and could handle a fair bit of chop with ease.It was a 4.5mtr powered with a 60 2st.
These are my unqualified observations.
Cheers Kev.

bay_firey
01-03-2004, 03:05 PM
G'day Kev

You are right I was goin off big time, but not so much at the manufacturer as I was really blaming the dealer.
The issue was fixed, or will be this week, and the temp fix saw me out there this morning to complete the run in of the motor. So no loss really. except for some fuel.

As for the "complaint" it wasn't posted here as a complaint more of a blow off valve.
And yes my name rank and serial number are attached to the more realistic/polite/genuine complaint by email.

Although if we are being 100% truthful, it was posted here because I felt sure it would be seen by those that mattered.
and on reflection shouldn't have been.
Not the right place and I appollagise to Polycraft and thank Adrian for his excellent customer service last night.

Brett_Finger
01-03-2004, 04:52 PM
Mark
great to hear all is good,..(how many boat company's ring at 9 at night on a saturday to sort things out)

it does blow when things are not how there supposed to be.

bringing the boat up this week?
and for the record, #"Adrian" is the big fella at the stern of the boat #;D ( you should see his dad.bigger ! hehehehe)
Hookin,Brett ;)

paul-t
02-03-2004, 02:04 PM
Mr Randall.
i'm in the market for a boat.i'm new to fishing.Saw your 4 meter boat on this site.Nice fish.Are they 40 pounders.??What sorta bait did you use.???
few Questions.

How heavy are they.Want to put on the roof of the suzuki mighty boy.

What is the best colour.??hear that the white and grey plastic boats warp or bubble in the sun.

Will a 9.9 seagull push the hull.???
Paul-t.

Brett_Finger
02-03-2004, 04:55 PM
Hi Paul,
just click on this link,and then click on 3 meter Tuff Tender header.
http://www.polycraft.com.au/home.html
all info there.
hookin,Brett :D

bay_firey
02-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Brett

Yes am bringing the boat up tuesday 2/03 will be there between 7.30 and 8.00

Brett_Finger
03-03-2004, 08:29 AM
What is the best colour.??hear that the white and grey plastic boats warp or bubble in the sun.

Paul,
the colour in poly is simply that.. colour..
poly is poly and seeing these Boats are baked at about 360deg, i would only assume that it would take that heat again to get the poly to bubble..

so there is no chance the boat (of any colour) would bubble.
Hookin,Brett :D
Ps: the sea-Gull would push the hull fine, not at warp speed but fine...

adrianw
03-03-2004, 10:54 AM
410 polycraft , fittout of bow mount mini kota .The easiest way to go about it is to place a 6 inch inspection port in the anchor well , this gives access to the bolts on the base plate .If you are ordering a boat ask for the inspection port to be fitted at the factory .

bay_firey
03-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Was in Bundaberg today and I must say the big boat looks even better in the flesh than it does in the pics. And boy is it a big boat

The_Walrus
04-03-2004, 09:08 PM
Great looking fitout of the 4.1.

Incredible shot of the 3 blokes on the side of the tender!!!

If I ever get another boat it will be a 4.1 poly.

Luc

basserman
05-03-2004, 05:40 AM
it still amazes me how much of a folloing the polys are getting
they are sure to be one of the best selling boats :)

Brett_Finger
14-03-2004, 02:10 AM
Hi,
i think once people get away from the idea about the vessell being poly and look at the over all advantages of the boats/product thay will become an ever increasing site on our water ways.
i cannot stress how happy i am with mine.

basserman
14-03-2004, 04:10 AM
nor can we brett
has done every thing we want so far and we know we haven't even scratched the surface of what it is able to do

Brett_Finger
14-03-2004, 05:19 AM
i just LOVE how easy poly is to work with,we scrwed a 8 gauge corse thread screw into a pice of poly and put it (the poly) in the vise and tryed to pull the screw out with pliers,we could not.. easy to work with and bloody strong!!! ya gotta be happy with that.
hookin,Brett #;)

bay_firey
14-03-2004, 05:34 AM
Having a tackle box made to fit in the seat pedestal.
Fits 4 of the flat plano/shakespear tackle trays with a neat lid etc etc
Will post some pics when i get it, tuesday hopefully

Randall
14-03-2004, 05:42 AM
Wow....just noticed how long this thread is about the polys. Seems there have been some interesting observations and questions relating to the longevity of Polyethylene in marine applications.

Most new lookers are not sure if poly is as good and applicable as most are saying. There are many rumours generated from uninformed opinions about the boats. I dont think anyone can argue about the design of the 4.1 challenger...both internally and external shape of hull. The internal configuration is good as is, or alterations/modifications to suit anglers specific needs are made easy to do. The external shape is no accident....this has been thought out and re-engineered to produce a smooth-riding, direct steering via very chunky chines, V-nose punt. Dont forget....they are only designed to be this!! Not an all conditions boat.

Since I`ve owned mine, nothing has gone wrong, the hull has`nt cracked, warped, melted, bent or anything for that matter. When you use them as much as I use mine, you see the benefits of Polyethylene. BIGTIME. I treat mine roughly (not on purpose) and have mounted a rockbar at 40 kph. I tottalled my prop on the O/B but the poly keel had scratches only. Pushed it off the bar and no dramas. I have hit standing timber in Dams at speed...just bounced off, no damage whatsoever. I put my poly in places the average joe with a tin or glass boat would never venture because of scratching and dents...means nothing to the polys....they just glide on through with no detrimental effect.

A quick word about the Bundy Poly guys.....they stand on the merits of the polys and polyethylene and do not include shit-caning other alloy boat designs. Very proffessional guys that are quietly confident about their product. They offer an alternate design...a design worth looking into.

Randall. (BTW...I am not paid in any capacity from Polycraft. I just have one and have seen the benifits first hand)

bay_firey
14-03-2004, 05:46 AM
Well said Randall
And there after sales service is just Outstanding

Brett_Finger
18-03-2004, 01:37 PM
Adrain,
how did that teal 410 go that i seen sitting out the fount of Ploycraft the other day?
it should be the goods with the 40 on the back.
sure looked sweet in that colour!!

Brenno
19-03-2004, 08:15 AM
I'm looking at getting the 4.55 front runner.

i've got some quotes for the boat and trailor, but i didn't get a quote for a motor.

could you guys tell me how much it would cost for a 40hp. either 2st or 4st.

and could anyone tell me what these boats weight and what are like to tow?

thanks

FLATHEAD1
19-03-2004, 08:52 AM
Brenno

You usually get a better deal if you buy the boat trailer outboard as a total package.

I went four a 50hp honda. The 50 is basically the same as the 40 and the cost was not much more.

You might find a 40 lacking in grunt.

You should find the weights on the polycraft website.

I tow mine with a v6 camry no problems but you know it is there.

cheers
FLATHEAD1

basserman
19-03-2004, 09:36 AM
weight are very much the same a allo so as flathead said you know they are there!

bay_firey
19-03-2004, 02:04 PM
Brenno

The f/runner weighs 350 kg plus any accessories (carpet, canopy, electronics etc).
I tow with a commodore and the rig tows just great
Get at least a 50 hp , don't go for a 40, a 40 will be a bit lacking
Check out the Polycraft Website (http://www.polycrsft.com.au)

adrianw
20-03-2004, 05:41 AM
how did that teal 410 go that i seen sitting out the fount of Ploycraft the other day?
it should be the goods with the 40 on the back.
sure looked sweet in that colour!!
Hookin,Brett :D[/quote]

She goes like a greyhound with a rocket up its ass

Randall
20-03-2004, 08:23 AM
Who`s that big fella hookin into it??

Has Brett lost some weight? Hang on....it`s Wardy....should`nt he be at work churning out boats? ;D

Randall.

Big_Kev
20-03-2004, 02:18 PM
So can you blokes fit any more plugs in for these things or what.
Cheers Kev.

bay_firey
20-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Have got the recessed tackle box, it's not fitted yet but ther are some pics Click Here (http://www.mchap.com/boat.htm)
http://www.mchap.com/tackle2.jpg

basserman
20-03-2004, 03:26 PM
thats nice bay wish we thought of that!
ah bugger it we might just do it anyway under the drivers seat

4.1 poly goes good with the 40 but even better with a 50 ;D

Brett_Finger
21-03-2004, 02:10 AM
Wardy,
that's the rocket mate,great hull (as i have stated a thousand times #;D)
the "Teal" is a very nice finish,altough the "Smooooooooth Cream" looks sweet!!

Randall,
Wardy must have good staff he can trust to keep thing going at the factory. #::)

Mark,
tackle Box looks good, made by the same fella down there?

Kev,
we sure can !!! #;D ;D ;D ;D
Hookin,Brett #;)

bay_firey
21-03-2004, 05:11 AM
Brett
Yeah made by the same guy that does the bait tanks for Richard.
Will be fitting it this afternoon, working this morning so shouldn't even be on here

Big_Kev
21-03-2004, 07:55 AM
Kev,
we sure can !!!

Your telling me?LOL
Cheers Kev.

basserman
21-03-2004, 08:02 AM
i started this thread to show how me and a mate has set up his new 4.2 poly and in no way do we gat a thing from them it was done only because others wanted to see how to set one up for lure fishing ether bass or bream!
and trust me we don't get a dime as for others??? but if they wanted to i would more than happy coment for money ;D

Big_Kev
21-03-2004, 11:26 AM
Basserman I am only pulling on your chain.
Its good to see you guys love these things so much, (it's nearly as bad as listening to a bunch of hornet owners) LOL.
But don't forget the number 1 rule of thumb "he who dies with the most toys wins".
Cheers Kev.

mackmauler
21-03-2004, 11:38 AM
LOL Kev ;D

Like throwing a ball to a puppie 8) 8)

basserman
21-03-2004, 01:38 PM
yep been to a few bass comp i know how those guys get about their hornets! :-X

bay_firey
21-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Ok the Tackle box is fitted.
Can't tell you how hard it was, here is my brand new boat and I am about to attack it with power tools
The web page is updated as well (http://www.mchap.com/boat.htm)

http://www.mchap.com/boxopen.jpg

Brett_Finger
23-03-2004, 01:59 AM
Great job Mark,
i like that idea, A LOT !!!
Hookin,Brett #:D

Brett_Finger
25-03-2004, 02:12 AM
Mark,
i mentioned that you had postd the pic's of the tackle storage to the boys at polycraft,thay have used the similer idea in their 4.1.
with mine i have just cut the side out and used it for storage of fire ext and other assorted bits and pice's.
hookin,Brett :D

mossy43
25-03-2004, 04:14 AM
Mark it is very neat and tidy and looks a million bucks, well done. Mossy

bay_firey
25-03-2004, 02:37 PM
Mossy
It looks heaps better now that I have vacuumed the crap out

Got the trays in and partly filled, just need the weather gods to play the game now and we'll be right

adrianw
30-03-2004, 04:58 PM
The box looks great as dus the removeable live bait box keep up the great work.

bay_firey
30-03-2004, 06:54 PM
Just gotta get some rod storage sorted and I will be done, I think ?? ;D