PDA

View Full Version : Polycraft colours!!!

cheno
29-03-2004, 10:05 AM
Okay guys so I have just put down an order on my first Polycraft a 455 centre console :) :). The only hitch is that the colour that I asked for is no longer offered :( I was going to get a gull grey one but now that they don't offer it I'm a little unsure of what to get.

I would prefer a lighter colour because I dont want it to get too hot in summer. My current choice is white BUT the guys from the factory reckon that the white ones can get a bit gleary in full sunlight 8)(although I'm planning on putting carpet down).

Another option would be smooth cream but it does not give as good a finish as other colours in terms of dirt getting into the tiny pin holes.

Has anyone got any feedback on how bad the glare is with white poly?

bay_firey
29-03-2004, 10:52 AM
Cheno
I have a white front runner, I must say that glare is no problem at all.
It is really hard to tell from thier web site, but the Regal Blue comes up a treat. I believe that they may have done a 4.1 in teal just recently, that would have been an awesome colour imho.
Maybe Brett or adrian can shed some light on the colurs

cheno
29-03-2004, 11:23 AM
Thanks for that Mark. It's good to know that the white isn't too bright. I guess once the carpet is in etc it would be okay.

So is teal a sort of emerald green?

BTW do you clean the stains off yours with degreaser ?

krazyfisher
29-03-2004, 02:50 PM
I had a white side console and glare was a real killer I found it very bad carpet would help but I did think white looked the best mind you I do like the purple that brett finger has it is purple isnt it :P

cheno
29-03-2004, 04:35 PM
Thanks krazyfisher,

So you had a white side console without carpet right?

So if I carpeted I'd be left with glare from: gunwales and sides. Pity you couldn't do some sort of fleck job like they do with glass boats. Unfortunately I don't think any paint would stick.

Brett_Finger
29-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Cheno,
mate the "Smoooooth Cream" colour is very classy,looks great ;)

Teal is sweet as well,page 8 of the post below, " 4.1 poly fitout" has a pic of the Teal in a 4.1 chalenger on it.

i'll get the boys at polycraft to post here tommorow in regards to the "Gull Gray" i thought thay still made this colour, but the Smooth cream really does look sweet!!
Hookin,Brett :D

cheno
29-03-2004, 05:55 PM
Thanks Brett,

You wouldn't happen to have an image of a finished smooooooooooth cream boat would you?

Cheno

gif
29-03-2004, 11:43 PM
don't be so conservative! Fishing is not boring.

One of Polycraft's advantages is c-o-l-o-u-r so getting a Poly in white is having a burger without the onion.

I have one in Apple Green ( same as the demo 5.99) and you can spot of across maroon dam from high on the hill.

Gary
PS - I helped fit out a 4.55 in December - pm me if you want some solutions

Brett_Finger
30-03-2004, 01:55 AM
Cheno,
will get a photo of the Smoooooooooooooooth Cream today for you mate.
Hookin,Brett ;D

Randall
30-03-2004, 04:08 AM
White is not glarey at all in my opinion. Once the carpet goes down, most of the white dissapears.

White always stays cool to touch because of the reflecting of heat.

RG

Randall
30-03-2004, 04:09 AM

cheno
30-03-2004, 04:41 AM
Gary,

I saw the apple green at the show on the weekend it looked pretty cool not quite as loud as I would have thought.

Thanks for the offer of info re fit out too Gary, I was going to call you (number from the from the sportsfish forum I think) re some of the fit out issues. I won't get the boat for about a 3-4 weeks or so. Once its in the garage its modification time!!

Randall,

I like the boat mate, the hatches look cool with the white lip still uncarpeted.

RobK
30-03-2004, 05:32 AM
Cheno I have a centre console in the white with grey carpet and have not found the glare a problem at all. I do always wear sun glasses when I fish. I hope you enjoy the boat.

Regards

Rob

lordy
30-03-2004, 11:04 AM
That 6m polycraft was MASSIVE. It was actually close to being too much boat for the money. Its 2.95m or there abouts (just under the 3m width rule or something). That is going to pain in the ass to tow, it could be hanging out the sides of the average 4wd/large car. Otherwise its a great looking boat, you have to wander about inside it to get a feel for how roomy it is.

cheno
30-03-2004, 11:21 AM
yep, particularly roomy with the small 455 centre console in it. I reckon they are going to sell heaps of them. Pretty competitive price for the sort of offshore capability that you are getting. something like 15K for the hull!!

The boat seemed like it was much more heavily laid up than the other smaller models. Not much flex in the sides at all.

Randall
30-03-2004, 12:29 PM
Its funny how rumours can snowball.....why do most opposition boat manufacturers insist on shit-canning other manufacturers as a part of their sales techniques....is it a prerequisite?

The poor ole Polycraft boat has survived tons of false accusations. Now that the new offshore version has emerged, it`s only a question of time before the negatives emerge!! ;)

If I were the owner of the Polycraft factory, I would be laughing....so many industry people talking about the boat!! You know that ole saying..... ;D

Randall.

adrianw
30-03-2004, 04:45 PM
. Its 2.95m or there abouts (just under the 3m width rule or something). That is going to pain in the ass to tow, it could be hanging out the sides of the average 4wd/large car. I think your holding the tape upside down, the beam of the 5.99 frontier is 2.495m . The legal towing width is 2.5m, but you could run flashing lights and oversize signs if you want. ;D

Brett_Finger
31-03-2004, 01:33 PM
Cheno,
here's the cream colour mate!!
hookin,Brett :)

Brett_Finger
31-03-2004, 01:34 PM
;D

cheno
01-04-2004, 06:40 AM
Thanks Brett,

Looks sweet

Steve Cooper gave me another couple of images of the cream too. Looks like smoooooth cream is the one for me mate!!

cheno

Brett_Finger
01-04-2004, 12:49 PM
Cheno,
yah mate,it's very nice,thay have a nice finish to them,classy!
Hookin,Brett :D