PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Board design

dnej
07-04-2004, 08:11 AM
Any good pictures of cutting boards out there. Want to build one for an aluminium boat, you know the type with the holes in the supports, etc
thanks David

dooley
07-04-2004, 04:07 PM
go to a boat dealer and take a digital camera - did that for my last boat to get some tips ;)

i have pics somewhere, will try and dig them up

NQCairns
07-04-2004, 05:32 PM
This Stainless Steel one I found on the net somewhere, I like the simplicity.nq

blaze
08-04-2004, 02:20 AM
like that NQ
I am having a glass one made, the guy has the mould and is only charging me $70 for it otherwise I would have made some thing myself, I post pics when I get it
cheers
blaze

drevil
08-04-2004, 03:29 AM
Hey NQ, does it drain? I can't see any drain holes at the back.

I have a similar one for my boat, but I never use it 'cos it's a real pain in the arse. My boat is a 1980 Mustang and the board sits in the area in front of the motor. Touble is I can trim the motor without taking it out. I think I need to extend the legs to make it higher, but the trouble is it will be too high then.

Maybe I should just get a pod and move the motor back!

NQCairns
08-04-2004, 03:55 AM
Hi Blaze fibreglass is a good idea I might look into that myself [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Drevil, there is one of those white chopping boards inserted, the holes are behind and below that.
Just a thought but a manual or hyd jackplate with setback from the states, easy to fit no big modifications and you would get some more extra advantages as well.nq

Kerry
08-04-2004, 05:28 AM
FG, removable, uses the existing rod holders for the main support and slots onto the side rails. Internal channel (moulded using plastic guideposts) runs the water off, stiffens the bottom and allows mounting for the supports under removable cutting boards. #
http://www.cqnet.com.au/~user/aitken\scii-stern-cut.jpg
Left one has cutting board in place.

Cheers, Kerry.

dnej
08-04-2004, 08:52 AM
Great pics Kerry. What is the size of the cutting area, and how thick?Are you happy with the size?Are the boards drained in some way?
David

Kerry
08-04-2004, 10:03 AM
David, there's a recessed channel right around the bottom. On the right hand side one (without cutting board) the stainless mounting plates can be seen in these channels. Towards the back and about 1/4 distance along you might spot the drain hole that is positioned to miss the outboard pod and duckboard, straight into the ocean.

Each cutting board has drain holes towards each end directly over the recessed channel and a lip on the front basically keeps the board in place and stops and water running out thr front into the boat.

Actual size don't recall but from memory width is 750mm and for my purpose that's big enough. What also controled the size is the lift out transom door that has to lift out between the 2 boards.

Cheers, Kerry.
#

dnej
09-04-2004, 04:24 AM
Kerry, Did you buy these ready made, or make them yourself?
David

Kerry
09-04-2004, 04:59 AM
Home made.

Cheers, Kerry.